Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are anything like me you have been scrounging around the web, crawling through old posts on this and other forums trying to find a definitive list of parts to use for your John Deere 1025r. Today I had a little down time at work and was frankly sick of trying to find the information every time I had the inkling to research prices. So rather than continue the frustration I have created what I hope will be the definitive guide for the more important user replaceable parts.

You might be wondering why I would go ahead and list the larger quantities of fluids, but the reason comes down to this: If a dealer only has the bulk on hand and a person wants to purchase from the bulk bin, it would be really nice to know what part number that bulk container should have on it. If it doesn't match, I am not buying.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Very good info to have. Here is a thread that can take you the next step further. Hope you find it of value. Just take my excel spread sheet and use it as a template. I not only do it for my tractors, attachments, and cars.

Maintenance Log

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very good info to have. Here is a thread that can take you the next step further. Hope you find it of value. Just take my excel spread sheet and use it as a template. I not only do it for my tractors, attachments, and cars.

Maintenance Log
Nice spreadsheet, I use similar but it is in an access database. Although, with this I could use it on my iOS devices too. Hmmmm.... Now I may be exporting my log. I also have a Write-in-the-Rain steno pad along with a Fisher Space Pen I keep in the tool box on the tractor. I started getting really detailed and showed hours and date used, what activity I was doing, etc... Dog must have thought I was being to detailed because she ate my pad. Now I don't know anymore. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Thanks for the fluid chart + capacities!! Just stapled a copy into my manual. And thanks for putting it in PDF as I don't got no XL's in my computer machine. (I have the old single glazed wood Windows system.):laugh:

Reactions: Levi and KD7CAO

·
Administrator
20,878 Posts
Good thread.:thumbup1gif: I'm going to copy this over to the tech library.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
If you are anything like me you have been scrounging around the web, crawling through old posts on this and other forums trying to find a definitive list of parts to use for your John Deere 1025r. Today I had a little down time at work and was frankly sick of trying to find the information every time I had the inkling to research prices. So rather than continue the frustration I have created what I hope will be the definitive guide for the more important user replaceable parts.

You might be wondering why I would go ahead and list the larger quantities of fluids, but the reason comes down to this: If a dealer only has the bulk on hand and a person wants to purchase from the bulk bin, it would be really nice to know what part number that bulk container should have on it. If it doesn't match, I am not buying.
Excellent. THANKS a bunch!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Awesome, thanks. I'd actually just started doing something a little bit similar but it was so I could compare the required lubricants on my tractor to my mower deck/loader/snow blower...

I personally keep my maintenance logs as Google docs pinned on my phone. I've found it much more convenient that way, access from any where (including the auto-parts/John Deere store). Time to upload this to my drive account...

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Break-in oil for engine?

I remember a while back a thread that quoted the 1025R technical manual. It said that a special break-in oil was required for the engine if the oil was changed before 100 hours (as I remember).

·
Administrator
20,878 Posts
I remember a while back a thread that quoted the 1025R technical manual. It said that a special break-in oil was required for the engine if the oil was changed before 100 hours (as I remember).
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416618327.090167.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Here are the 2305 and 2520 charts from Deere

I ran across these directly from Deere for the 2305 and 2520.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts

Awesome post . I am nearing my first maintenance and I shop on ebay quite a bit . This will come in handy for making sure I have the right part nos. before I order . Thanks for taking your time to do this !!:good2:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
This could be helpfull also
Yet another easy to read addendum for my manual! (I have to order more plastic page sleeves!) Thanks!:greentractorride:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Updated Chart

"John Deere 1025r TLB" sent me a PM questioning the value of the Hy-Gard Oil Temperatures. I have gone back in and done some more research and discovered I had J20C and J20D reversed from their full names. I have also added in a couple of temperature charts and referenced my source which is a very nice document. It would really help if John Deere would pick one name for a product in all their manuals. Thanks for the correction.

I also added in the Break In Oil part numbers I could find.

I am also very glad that others have found this to be a useful document.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts