Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone has any experience taking the 1025R through running water. I have a creek that I'd like to get into occasionally to build trout habitat. Historically I have rented a tracked mini-excavator to do this work. If I work it "just right" I can keep the tractor in about a foot of water. But occasionally it might get 2 feet deep. Are there issues with putting 1025R in water this deep? I cannot find any specs on it.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
At that depth your front axle will be under water and could pull in water as it's not got a breather. The transmission would also be into pretty good water at that point and I wouldn't be comfortable with that. The PTO and the engine shaft would be close if not under water at 2' so that's something to consider. Me personally, I would not do it. A mini excavator that can reach from shore seems like a better option to me.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Too many unknowns lay under water. I busted a rear diff on a four-wheeler by driving through a creek. If you were about to drive over a rock on land you would likely avoid it and go around, especially if it was questionable if you would bottom out. A large rock under water you can easily miss, especially after driving around a bit and stirring up deposits. I would rent the equipment.

·
Premium Member
13,423 Posts
At 2' you are going to have almost half of the tractor under water, that would be a definite no go for me, tractors are not made for such things. Safe move is to rent a mini ex and use the right tool for the job. :good2:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I dont mind running through water, but at a foot deep it would be over the front axle (hubs) on my 2025.
I wouldnt be too worried about crossing water 1' deep, but I sure wouldnt want it to sit there for any length of time.
2' deep, not sure Id try that personally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts