Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,105 Posts
I have had Titan since 2016 42" and never had a problem. I have hauled logs with them. I have only used my bucket one time. The forks are always on the loader arms.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I think I'd find 36 inch forks too short. With 42 inch forks I can just barely see the fork tips to slip them under a pallet on the ground, and that is with me standing up and balancing with the steering wheel. The seat switch is bypassed or otherwise the engine would die. I just use the forks to pick up and carry loads; I don't (so far) try to dig with them like some folks do.

Maneuvering in a tight space, I'd likely run into things with 36 inchers that I can avoid with the 42 inchers because I can see the tips better.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ive got the Frontier 42's. Wrapped them into the tractor loan. Gotta say I have used them much more than any other implement.

I did bend my frame trying to pop out a dogwood stump. I had the forks dug into the ground under the stump and was leaning on them very heavily and bent the frame. I was able to straighten the frame back but definitely wished I had a heavier frame than I do.

With that said I have only wished I had shorter forks for digging in the dirt with the forks. most of the time I wished I had 50 or even 60" forks for when I was carrying brush with them.
I also slightly bent the fork frame on my ap10f forks when trying to dig out a stump that was larger than I realized. I have to admit that I was being really rough on them. I really would like a stump bucket rather than a stronger fork frame though

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I think I'd find 36 inch forks too short. With 42 inch forks I can just barely see the fork tips to slip them under a pallet on the ground, and that is with me standing up and balancing with the steering wheel. The seat switch is bypassed or otherwise the engine would die. I just use the forks to pick up and carry loads; I don't (so far) try to dig with them like some folks do.

Maneuvering in a tight space, I'd likely run into things with 36 inchers that I can avoid with the 42 inchers because I can see the tips better.
I have the 36" forks. There have been times where I'm glad I got the 36s like when maneuvering in my shop or when dumping brush on the pile and there are times when I would like longer forks.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
243 Posts
I also slightly bent the fork frame on my ap10f forks when trying to dig out a stump that was larger than I realized. I have to admit that I was being really rough on them. I really would like a stump bucket rather than a stronger fork frame though
Same! I told my dad that I wouldn't mind finding a pair of 12 inch long forks for digging in the dirt and removing stumps. We were at an auction one day and there was a stump bucket for a skid steer and my dad and uncle looked at that and said what would you ever need a bucket like that for. I said oh that's a stump bucket. Once they realized it they agreed that would be a great addition. Unfortunately I'm on a spending freeze right now.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,298 Posts
I just checked the site, the frame is 96 lbs and the forks are 90 lbs each. I missed that "each" the first time. Will update the original post.
I've got the Titans as well. No complaints aside from weight, if I was doing it over again, I'd go with a lighter set (Frontier AF10s) in 42". I've got 36's and while they've worked well, on bigger pallets, the extra 6" would be nice... No, the weight or length are not worth replacing them, and the built in 2" receiver is a nice feature.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got the Titan 42" forks and I'm quite happy with them; they're heavy, but rugged and will take a beating. If there is a negative it's poor finish, but I'm not too concerned about that.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I went with CID (Construction Implement Depot) compact tractor forks. 42" forks
Wanted AP10's but my local dealer kept trying to push me into HLA forks which were about 100lbs heavier. Not wanting that plus wanting the headache rack I went with CID.
Been great so far.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I picked up an Artillian combo at the factory last week. I'm in Mass. so it saved me $350 and I am happy to pay a little extra for something made in the US. I also wanted a grapple so the modular aspect made more sense for me and now I see I can throw a plow on it too for a little less $ than the AF10F. I went with the 2300# frame and 36" forks since both greatly exceed the capability of the tractor and would be easier to handle. Only used a little bit so far but certainly feels like a premium-quality product in every respect.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I picked up an Artillian combo at the factory last week. I'm in Mass. so it saved me $350 and I am happy to pay a little extra for something made in the US. I also wanted a grapple so the modular aspect made more sense for me and now I see I can throw a plow on it too for a little less $ than the AF10F. I went with the 2300# frame and 36" forks since both greatly exceed the capability of the tractor and would be easier to handle. Only used a little bit so far but certainly feels like a premium-quality product in every respect.
Is Artillian in Mass?

·
Administrator
20,482 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1025R
165 Posts
I've thought about getting the Titan 30" "clamp on" forks and just put them about 18" apart and use those for digging stumps and bushes out. Something like this:

And then just cut the "stabilizer bar" to the length I want and weld it up.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got the AP10F's with the short 36" forks since I have the big 48" forks in my 5 series. I want my 1 series setup as tight as possible to get into all the spots the 5 series can't and/or would tear up. Dealer rolled the AP10F's into the deal for $500, which I think was a decent deal. This was just 2 months ago.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I've thought about getting the Titan 30" "clamp on" forks and just put them about 18" apart and use those for digging stumps and bushes out. Something like this:

And then just cut the "stabilizer bar" to the length I want and weld it up.

Thoughts?
Plan on getting a new bucket after those clamp on forks bend the heck out of it.

·
Registered
2020 1025R
165 Posts
Plan on getting a new bucket after those clamp on forks bend the heck out of it.
So you're saying it's better to get a dedicated fork attachment instead of using the bucket?

Best,

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
So you're saying it's better to get a dedicated fork attachment instead of using the bucket?

Best,
Absolutely. It keeps your bucket in better shape and adding stuff to your bucket and taking it back off gets old quick. There are times when I switch back and forth between bucket and forks multiple times per day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
FWIW, I ordered the Artillian frame for my 1025r, which is still two months out, based on all the positive comments I've read here. I got the 2300# version since I couldn't see any benefit to the heavier version on the smaller tractor.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just picked up HLA 42" 900 pound limit forks and frame for 648.00 out the door from my local dealer. If I wasn't in a hurry I could have gotten the 1200 pound limit frame for just a few bucks more.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i got the AP10 42” and they work well. Wanted 36” since I want all the lift capacity i can for pallets but dealer didn’t have them. However, I found a great package deal for artillian 2300 lb frame, 36” tines, front quick hitch, 54” plow and artillian QH adapter that I couldn’t pass up. Picking it up Wednesday so I can’t comment on the difference. I have AP10’s for sale if anyone is interested. PM me.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts