Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only did I mow this weekend with my new Oregon blades but I also did a few mods thanks to the ingenuity of the guys (gals incl.) on this forum . I installed my Piranha tooth bar (need shorter bolts) . Didn't get to use it . but it looks bad a$$ . I installed an led flood light on the rear . Mounted it to an existing hole on a rops bracket and the wire was long enough to hook right up to the existing harness light connectors . Made for a tidy install and took only about fifteen minutes . :thumbup1gif:
I also fabricated an aluminum mount plate for a new winch that will be able to go from my tractor (front or rear) to my trailer , to my truck . I made the solenoid bracket , which also holds the remote control socket , out of 1/8"x2" aluminum flat bar with a small piece of 1 1/2" aluminum angle that I welded to it for the remote . I have it mounted to the upper two bolts that hold the oil cooler on above the battery . All in all it was a pretty good weekend . Too bad tomorrow is Mon . :thumbsdown: Thanks for all the ideas !!:lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
Don't know what his need is for a winch ,but this spring I could have used one a couple of times . One to get the 1026r away from a bldg and then helping pull a F250 truck up a hill side. Have thought several times of buying one to use either with the Gator or tractor.

·
Registered
967 Posts
The tooth-bar was mistakenly delivered to the wrong address..... could you kindly redirect it here?:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live on a property that in a heavy rain it floods . I have a L130 that likes to spin the tires and get stuck in the ditch . I can also use it to pull down dead trees and stumps . If the tractor stops running , the winch will get it on the trailer . I have two concrete culverts that were dug up by the county and left in the ditch and I can finally get them out and sold .

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I guess I have to bite. What is the need for a winch?
I needed one today, but it was at home and I wasn't. I got stuck while diverting a small creek as the mud and clay that I was operating on was dripping wet. Sure enough, I buried one side of the tractor. I spent about a half-hour extricating myself and at one point when I was trying to push with the backhoe while seated forward to power the wheels, my feeble mind let me pull a lever the wrong way. The tractor slipped sideways back into the rut I had almost got out of. It happened so fast and forcefully that I slid sideways off the tractor and landed flat out in the mud. Boy was I glad there were no witnesses.

If I had brought the winch like I kinda though about when I was loading gear, I could have been unstuck in two minutes. I won't second guess taking it again.

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He must drive a Ford...
2 FORDS ,2013 MUSTANG 2013 ESCAPE ,1 DODGE 06 2500 4X4 CUMMINS , AND 2 1984 CHEVY CAMAROS , 1 DRIVER AND 1 IN RESTORATION !!! I get to hear it all .:empathy3:

·
Registered
768 Posts
2 FORDS ,2013 MUSTANG 2013 ESCAPE ,1 DODGE 06 2500 4X4 CUMMINS , AND 2 1984 CHEVY CAMAROS , 1 DRIVER AND 1 IN RESTORATION !!! I get to hear it all .:empathy3:
Off topic, but had to comment... Nice American nameplate stable of vehicles! That's the way it should be. I'm a Ford guy mostly (love Mustangs) but own a GM truck and love Corvettes, so I'm all about the American nameplates. Not much of a rice fan, although I'm not a hater. Go USA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice job on installs,, how you planning to mount the winch to front of tractor??
Sorry , I just saw the question . I have a receiver mounted to a plate that bolts to the plate at the front of the frame . The winch will simply go into the receiver and plug into the harness under the hood .:yahoo:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Off topic, but had to comment... Nice American nameplate stable of vehicles! That's the way it should be. I'm a Ford guy mostly (love Mustangs) but own a GM truck and love Corvettes, so I'm all about the American nameplates. Not much of a rice fan, although I'm not a hater. Go USA!

And only Uncle Ben's rice at that. Go USA!

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update

Well I finally finished the winch project . It can mount to my trailer , the front of the tractor or the rear depending on need . Also incuded one pic of my Mustang (my version of a 1970 Mach 1) lol .:yahoo:

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rops Mod Easy

Hi Guy’s

How to keep your rops from swinging about in the down position. I made this little bracket and put this (RX054BR-N52) Neodymium magnet in grade N52 and some RTV to the back of the 1" od x 5/16" id x 1/4" thick rubber coated magnet. It has about 16lb of holding power. More than enough force to hold the rops in place. Easy to swing the rops up and put in place for the roll over protection. These little magnets are strong. You want to keep them away from computer electronic equipment; may not like the results from being too close to them. You will spend more at your favorite food place then for the cost of the magnet.
K&J Magnetics - Strong Neodymium Magnets, Rare Earth Magnets
K&J Magnetics: RX054BR-N52

165.jpg
164.jpg

:usa

·
Registered
79 Posts
Magnet ROPS idea

What a wonderful idea!!

Is there a reason that I don't see that you did not mount the magnets directly to the ROPS vs using a bracket?

I suspect your idea has many other uses only an imagination can fully utilize. Thank you for posting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts