Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
It may be a simple mistake, the tech forgot it or the paperwork got processed through before it was ready.
I guess I was a little strong on my response. I just got the vibe the dealer was giving the OP the runaround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
It would still be best to start off friendly. Let them know it was not replaced and give them a chance to make it right. If it was a mistake on their part they will take care of it and you keep a good relationship. If (on the off chance) it was intentional, they know you are watching closely what they do. They may still make it right and take care of it.

In either case you now know to double check what is serviced by that dealer. It is always good to be sure you get what you were told you are receiving. Mistakes can happen, employees can take shortcuts and not all dealers have the same principles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
well after waiting 2 days for dealer to call back,, I called them,, service manager is out for rest of week,, ask for the owner of the business,, he is out of town,, finally got a hold of next person in line,, told her the story,, she said it looked like they replaced the dampener but it must be a bad one if it failed that fast,, told me to bring tractor back and they would replace it again,, I then told her that the original one is still on my tractor,, I know cause I marked it,, they are going to send a new one to me should have it tomorrow,, I still will use the dealership in the future,, they are trying to make it right,, just will watch them closer,, I did explain to her that I am not your ordinary tractor owner,, I worked at a tractor dealership 20 years ago and still work on my own equipment,, with almost 40 years under my belt as a mechanic,,, I think I can fix this problem,,,

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
FMI, anyone know "what's inside" one of these dampers? I assume it's some kind of spring/oil transfer/or air cushion with a neutral position?

I had the damper go bad on my GX335 w/200 hrs on it, had it replaced by the dealer and had to do a "Home Creep-Stop Reset" when I got it back. I kinda thought the adjustment would be something a dealer would do after replacement.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.