Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heck. I'm moving some landscape stones so lots of back and forth on my driveway and I kept noticing little dime-sized spots of oil. Crawled under the tractor today to find that it's coming out of the front axle on the right side. The right hub hangs off the axle and the oil Is coming from there and running down the back side of the hub and dripping. Over a four day period, I have about 10 of those dime sized oil drops on the cement. Fluid level is still good in the axle but this will need addressed soon. Anyone experience this?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Anyone experience this?
yelp sure have experienced on my 2520 a couple yrs ago.

u running any type of ballast on the rear of tractor, carrying them loads of rock?

if not that IMO-has a lot to do with it-just my 2 cts-and what i experienced with my troubles. now i had to do a upgrade to my front axle do to the one side being wore out-but the other side was like new--and i think a lot of that had to do-with not enough rear ballast before, and all the weight being put to that side, while lifting and carrying loads.

their is a seal in there that goes bad--not hard to fix-but annoying as u have found out. good luck.

do a search on here for front axle 2520 repairs--there's pics and all-ok.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Big Jim. Yes on the ballast, running about 680lb including the ballast box and I run her in low with front wheel assist. I try to take it easy with a full bucket, these little 1025 are tough but no need to push 'em you know? Happy to know it's a seal that I will be able to replace myself.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
It would be worth a call to see if it would still be covered under warranty. My left did the same as yours, and it was barely covered (10 days left on warranty)

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Left frt axle leak 1025R

Mine leaked. I told the service manager. He checked and said it's covered under warranty. I'll take it in when things slow down in late October.

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Mine leaked. I told the service manager. He checked and said it's covered under warranty. I'll take it in when things slow down in late October.
:bigthumb: that's good to hear.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Front Axle Leak

Yes Mine did it also, LEFT Front. Getting one of dad's trailer this weekend and then taking the tractor to the dealer to get worked on. Tractor is now about three years old. bought the extended warranty this summer so it should be covered. While in going to get the 200 hour (tractor has 160 hours on OD) work done on tractor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts