Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2018 1025R, 120R loader, 60D MMM, grapple
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw a post where someone drilled very small holes in their front axle dipstick to create a vent. It looked like it was very well done, but now I can't find the post. Can someone point me to it?
Thanks,
Dave.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Why would you want to put any holes where water and moisture could make its way into the inside of the Axle. If the axle needed to be vented in any other way I am sure JD would have provided for it. These Axles have been in service for at least 10 years with the introduction of the One Series in 2011 and probably used in the earlier 2305 tractor wiith some minor modifications.

·
Premium Member
19,868 Posts
Why would you want to put any holes where water and moisture could make its way into the inside of the Axle. If the axle needed to be vented in any other way I am sure JD would have provided for it. These Axles have been in service for at least 10 years with the introduction of the One Series in 2011 and probably used in the earlier 2305 tractor wiith some minor modifications.
I agree,, WHY would you start looking for trouble....

·
Registered
2018 1025R, 120R loader, 60D MMM, grapple
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had read that this was an issue with my model in year, and that JD had started installing vented caps after my model year. I read that pressure can build up and blow out the axle seals. I believe the way the person vented the cap was to have a side entrance hole and some type of filter in it. Maybe I didn't see it here, maybe it was a different forum.
But maybe you're right, if it's not broke maybe I shouldn't fix it.

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
My tractor is a 2012 version 1026R and I haven't heard of any problems with the front axles. I am the original owner and picked up my tractor in march 2013 as I was not sure the improved 1025R was truly an upgrade. I am sure there were improvements, but they also introduced new issues with the improved Air Cleaner. I suppose we could look at the parts list and see what changed with the advancing serial numbers and replace the changed parts.

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,013 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
The few I've seen on the 1025R Facebook group actually used NEMA vent hardware in the cap, not just a hole. So it allegedly prevented contaminants from getting through but allowed venting at some pressure. I fail to see how that's possible, especially just venting right at the cap where it's surrounded and caked in dirt and water.

In those posts, I or someone would ask the person who made it why they did it, what data they have to indicate it is necessary, and how it could possibly not create a vacuum or suck contaminants in. In most cases, The person who made it had no data or substantiated facts and just got mad and irate at anyone who asked the question.

The one Kenny is selling is obviously a properly designed breather with filtration and vent tube to get out of the elements.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Kennyd
I'm in also, do I pay now and you ship it when you have them?

Reactions: Kbar and 99f250

·
Registered
69 Posts
Coming soon:

Kenny I am not seeing 1026/1025/1023 on the list. Is it needed or is that coming soon too. I’ve got quite a few of your products and really appreciate the quality in your work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Pretty sure it is coming soon 👍🏻

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
Kennyd
I'm in also, do I pay now and you ship it when you have them?
No, we do not do pre-orders.
Kenny I am not seeing 1026/1025/1023 on the list. Is it needed or is that coming soon too. I’ve got quite a few of your products and really appreciate the quality in your work
Thnaks. The one for the 1-series will be released shorty after the ones you see now, description is all the same obviously, it's just to much to introduce everything at once.

Pretty sure it is coming soon 👍🏻
Yes...

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
No, we do not do pre-orders.

Thnaks. The one for the 1-series will be released shorty after the ones you see now, description is all the same obviously, it's just to much to introduce everything at once.

Yes...
Kenny, if you could make a new thread when these become available, it would be awsome.
Bill

john Deere 1025R
loader
backhoe
47 in tiller
47 blower
5ft landscape rake
10 KW pto generator
Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,013 Posts
Kenny, if you could make a new thread when these become available, it would be awsome.
Bill

john Deere 1025R
loader
backhoe
47 in tiller
47 blower
5ft landscape rake
10 KW pto generator
Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
You can sign up to be notified right on his product page.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Coming soon:

What, no Aeroquip braided hose and anodized fittings/ends package for that to bling up our tractors, Kenny?

That's the way they do diff breathers for mall cruiser 4x4s. :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.