Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at making a SB purchase sometime in the future and I have to ask this question. The spec's state a 1025/1026 can run a 47" or 54" SB. With knowing that why can't they run a 59"? It's only 5" bigger. From what I have read here, everyone states that their rigs handle the 54" like its nothing and eats snow like crazy. My typical snows will be about 6-8" not the 10-16" some folks might see to where a 59" could be to much but maybe slowing the units travel speed will allow it to handle it.

Any input will be appreciated.

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
The tractor could probably run it under most circumstances, but the hitch and driveshaft is different so it will not be a easy thing to try.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Yes the 54" blower works with well with my 1026R. But, I wouldn't go any wider. I have never stalled my tractor or plugged the blower, but, deep wet snow will pull the RPM's down big time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason for asking about fitting a 59" is that looking thru the net I see more used 59" than I do 54" and was kicking around the idea of moving to one of them instead of a 54". I have months to contemplate how I want to actually go but looking at all of the options that are feasible to do. Thanxs for the input guys!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
The 54" blower is also used on the 2xxx. The 59" blower is for the 3xxx. The front hitch is different, I think.

I have heard of some putting a 60" blower on the rear of a 1026. I am sure a 1xxx would run a 60" ok. But the travel speed would be reduced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts