Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,
I bought JDs fuel conditioner summer blend. I live in Virginia and it doesn’t get that cold here all that often. My tractor is kept in my insulated garage/non heated garage, so I went with the summer conditioner at first.
The label says 4oz per 52 gallons. I have a 5 gallon gas can that I use to grab diesel. My math worked out to be 11.5 mls per 5 gallons of diesel. Does this sound right? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
The label says 4oz per 52 gallons. I have a 5 gallon gas can that I use to grab diesel. My math worked out to be 11.5 mls per 5 gallons of diesel. Does this sound right? Thanks in advance!
The dose does not have to be precise, but yeah, approximately 0.4 oz for 5 gallons of fuel. 11.5ml would be spot-on.

·
Premium Member
11,324 Posts
yep.....2.3ml per gal

if it were me i would just do slightly less than one fl oz per gallon and call it good ...3/4 floz of coarse would be the correct amount
How are you arriving at that figure? 4 / 52 = 0.0769 oz per gallon

0.0769 oz. x 5 = 0.385 oz per 5 gallons.

·
Registered
928 Posts
How are you arriving at that figure? 4 / 52 = 0.0769 oz per gallon

0.0769 oz. x 5 = 0.385 oz per 5 gallons.
LOL...yep your 100% right...that .076 registered as .76 in my mind....yep didn't even pass the practical test...thx for pointing it out hate misinformation out....will change my post :eek: (y)

·
Premium Member
11,324 Posts
I gave the bottles to my wife, she's a mathamagician(y)
One can only wonder why they put the info on the label the way they did. I mean, who owns a 52-gallon container and dumps in the whole bottle? It's fine to say "One bottle will treat 52-gallons" but then at least include the dose per gallon and then everyone can do the math for their size of container. But instead, we're all out in the garage with slide rules, calculators and eye droppers trying to figure out how much to put in our 5-gallon cans. :mad:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
But instead, we're all out in the garage with slide rules, calculators and eye droppers trying to figure out how much to put in our 5-gallon cans.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
One can only wonder why they put the info on the label the way they did. I mean, who owns a 52-gallon container and dumps in the whole bottle? It's fine to say "One bottle will treat 52-gallons" but then at least include the dose per gallon and then everyone can do the math for their size of container. But instead, we're all out in the garage with slide rules, calculators and eye droppers trying to figure out how much to put in our 5-gallon cans. :mad:
Exactly!
And if they can not give us the per gallon, at least give us the 10 gallon or 5 gallon amount!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good evening,
I bought JDs fuel conditioner summer blend. I live in Virginia and it doesn’t get that cold here all that often. My tractor is kept in my insulated garage/non heated garage, so I went with the summer conditioner at first.
My JD parts guy says use winter all the time and one 437 ml bottle will do 64 gals. I put one bottle in my new 55 gallon diesel pump barrel.

rob

·
Premium Member
11,324 Posts
My JD parts guy says use winter all the time and one 437 ml bottle will do 64 gals. I put one bottle in my new 55 gallon diesel pump barrel.

rob
When stating dosages you need to be specific on which product part number you are using as JD now has multiple treatment products floating around and they have different dosages.

The previous product (TY26787) was Fuel-Protect Winter Formula and it was 16 oz. (473 ml) that treated 52 gallons. If your bottle says 64 gallons it must be one of the other variants of the product.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
I would almost expect the GTT crowd to be measuing their diesel treatment amounts with an "experienced shot glass"........of course, one which wouldn't be used afterwards for personal beverage purposes.........

·
Registered
21,940 Posts
I would almost expect the GTT crowd to be measuing their diesel treatment amounts with an "experienced shot glass"........of course, one which wouldn't be used afterwards for personal beverage purposes.........
Yup - have used one like this for many years for small dosage. Don’t use it much anymore since I treat my bulk tank when it is delivered now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a 300 and two 55 gallon diesel tanks.
Dont use the 55s anymore as its cheaper to have the 300 filled.

·
Registered
21,940 Posts
I have a 300 and two 55 gallon diesel tanks.
Dont use the 55s anymore as its cheaper to have the 300 filled.
I have a 150 gal tank but only get 50 gallons in it once a year as that is all I use for my tractor. I have it filled when I get my heating fuel tank filled in the summer so get the same price as my 600 gallons.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts