Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed this with their H120 Front End Loader:

Hydraulic bucket 'dumping' speed motion is slower than the hydraulic motion to move the bucket to it's 'transport' position. Or is it just me? Maybe that is by design....?? Just seems kind of slow to dump a load verses retracting the bucket back to the position you would transport a load.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
I had not understood the regen until reading that post.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I agree with 56ForGuy, you might want to check the dumping rate in the "E" section of the loader control. But be careful, a full bucket could unload too fast. Personally I only get into this area when the bucket is empty, or when a super light touch is needed while back dragging.

h120loader_control.png

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys - I knew there was a 'float' setting past the forward detent on the joystick, but didn't realize there was one to the 'right side' dump.... I probably should review my manual, huh? lol....

Appreciate the advice. Not completely understanding the whole 'regen' concept.... but sounds like it will dump the bucket faster..... I will try it on an empty bucket and see what it does.

Thanks again guys!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Has anyone noticed this with their H120 Front End Loader:

Hydraulic bucket 'dumping' speed motion is slower than the hydraulic motion to move the bucket to it's 'transport' position. Or is it just me? Maybe that is by design....?? Just seems kind of slow to dump a load verses retracting the bucket back to the position you would transport a load.
At times I have this same problem. It's not the equipment, it's me. You have to get that sweet spot. Sometimes I'll move the joy stick to the right but it doesn't want to operate right and then I'll bring it toward the back of the tractor and it will operate the way it should. It's like finding the right gear in a transmission between 1st and reverse if reverse is beside 1st and the transmission is sloppy. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
...you might want to check the dumping rate in the "E" section of the loader control. But be careful, a full bucket could unload too fast.
I routinely use the regen function (when I remember) when dumping a full bucket. By full, I mean heaping full - so heavy that I can't lift it more than about 4 ft. It has always dumped at a moderate, controlled rate. Wouldn't bother me at all if it dumped a bit faster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts