Green Tractor Talk banner

1025R H120 Loader platform- how to carry a snow blower and other things

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  MacTractor 
#1 ·
This last blizzard was my tractor's maiden voyage into the white stuff. I have a pretty nice Simplicity snow blower a friend gave when he moved to California and the movers wouldn't allow it on the truck. Since then I've felt compelled by gratitude this friend's generosity to clear as many neighbors as a I can. The problem is that one neighbor lives about 1/2 a mile away and walking the snowblower down there is kind of a pain. He's in his 70's and hurt his foot recently, and while he said he was content to wait for the 34" of snow to melt, I was concerned that him and his wife trapped in there together that long might not be the best thing.

So, before heading down to his house, I got looking at my H120 bucket, and figured that I could cantilever a platform in the bucket to carry my blower down there. 30 minutes in the barn with a few scrap fence posts and boards and Voila! It's way more stable than it looks and cost me nothing. What's best is that I could have my tractor to push out the pile the state plows left, and the blower to do the driveway. Everything went great except for a "helpful" other neighbor with a much bigger orange tractor driving up and down the driveway first and leaving me 8" of compacted garbage. Ended up using the tractor more than the blower. (I'll refrain from disparaging remarks about orange tractor operators, out of respect from a few close friends).

Anyway, the platform worked great and I'm now seeing that I could use it for other things, at least until I can pry open my wallet enough to get proper pallet forks. Gravity and leverage are marvelous tools if properly managed. Not sure I'd want to put a pallet of bricks on it or anything, but for what I need it works awesome. The key is having the uprights cut very closely to the inside dimension of the bucket, and something like plywood to keep the geometry between the horizontal piece and vertical piece rigid. It just rotates into the bucket so no tools needed. Thought some of you might enjoy it.

Vehicle Snow blower Snow Outdoor power equipment Tractor

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice!

If you had a few bolt on hooks (insert clear throat sound:lol:) you could secure it with a strap to make it just a bit more secure.

#6 ·
While it's more secure than it looks, I agree entirely because it's a great reason to get something I already want. I need to reread some threads on how best to configure them. My wife when she saw the hooks pointed out that they would be perfect for hanging up a deer to skin it. She insists that we NOT have them hanging from the trees with the best limbs. (The big maple in front of the house.)

#7 ·
She insists that we NOT have them hanging from the trees with the best limbs. (The big maple in front of the house.)
I agree with your wife. Why would you want to hang your tractor from a tree in the front yard? That just seems cruel! :laugh::laugh:

#8 ·
Very cool idea. :thumbup1gif:

And yes, bucket hooks can be used to lift deer.

#9 ·
Nice job. My neighbor up the road with the big orange cabbed tractor does something similar. He uses chains to secure the outer corners of the platform to the hooks welded on his bucket. You wouldn't believe what he carries around[emoji51]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.