Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shifter from low , medium and high is sticking? Hard to get in gear. Anyone have this issue?

·
Premium Member
10,627 Posts
I wondered if there would be any replies to this thread and now 2 days in, there hasn't been.

I see that 307 people have read the thread and no replies, its' time to try another approach....

Perhaps perform an Advanced Search on "SCUT Rototiller use" or more specifically, maybe something like "1025r rototiller use" and read the thread as they talk about different experiences and results. Otherwise, I am afraid you aren't going to get the specific answer you are seeking.

Good luck.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you are concerned about difficult soil, I might suggest a forward rotation tiller which wont dig in as deep and will also have a tendency to walk over rocks instead of trapping them up inside the tiller. I tilled a good deal of never-tilled-before rocky maine soil this summer and it worked out great. This was compacted soil but not nearly as compacted as the type of jobsite you are talking about.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wasn’t quite sure what he was asking about. Is he asking about using the bucket to dig soil or a tiller or a ripper, etc?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Uh...as of right now this is how the first post reads:

Clearly something changed here? Also, @thpohlman you might want to consider re-titling your thread to be more specific. It helps others recognise an issue they can help with, and when/if solved, helps others find the thread and associated solution(s). Just a thought.

That said, I know my 1025R shifter occasionally is reluctant to shift if the gears are stuck in alignment. I just give the pedal a tap and it seems to free it up.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve tried everything. I don’t know why it’s changing and what’s going on. The mobile version obviously isn’t working very well. Of someone can just delete the whole thread than go ahead.

·
Super Moderator
3,135 Posts
I’ve tried everything. I don’t know why it’s changing and what’s going on. The mobile version obviously isn’t working very well. Of someone can just delete the whole thread than go ahead.
It looks as if you edited your first post about a half hour ago to what it says now. That can be reverted back to your original posting if you like for us to do that.

I don't see a edit mark on the title though. Do you want that changed to something else as well?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just delete it all. Thanks and sorry for the issue.

·
Premium Member
15,735 Posts
Are you trying to post , that you are having a hard time going from L to N and then to H range.

If so,, sometimes you have to press on the F or R pedal just a lite pressure nothing major.

Reactions: BWV and jdforever

·
Registered
66 Posts
Shifter from low , medium and high is sticking? Hard to get in gear. Anyone have this issue?
My 1025r does this every once in a while, I don’t really know why or what’s causing it but what I do is when I’m trying to go from neutral to low or high it sometimes won’t go but I’ve found that if you just barely touch the forward pedal as your pushing the lever it will slip right into gear, works everytime for me, also it seems to only do that when I’m at idle or low rpm, usually when I’m using the loader or mowing I run it wide open and it doesn’t ever really do it so I don’t know exactly what is causing it but Just barley hitting the forward pedal works everytime, I’m getting ready to have it serviced so I will ask them what causes it

·
Super Moderator
3,135 Posts
so I will ask them what causes it
The gears are straight cut, so they have to be aligned with each other in order to engage, there aren't any synchronizer rings. When it won't engage, the teeth of one gear are hitting the teeth of the other gear. Bumping the pedal, or rocking/rolling the tractor allows the gears to rotate. The rotation allows the teeth of one gear to align with the gap of the other so they'll mesh together.

Reactions: Kbar

·
Premium Member
10,627 Posts
Well, this was an interesting ride..........It went from soil compaction on commercial sites to a SCUT with a 3 speed transaxle, Low, Medium and High.........

Moving along........

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The gears are straight cut, so they have to be aligned with each other in order to engage, there aren't any synchronizer rings. When it won't engage, the teeth of one gear are hitting the teeth of the other gear. Bumping the pedal, or rocking/rolling the tractor allows the gears to rotate. The rotation allows the teeth of one gear to align with the gap of the other so they'll mesh together.
What Kylew says #1. Usually a tap of the reverse pedal is all it takes.

Reactions: kylew

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Mine at times is harder to change shift positions. A simple light tap on one of the pedals totally frees up shifting it in or out of hi-lo. If not a tap on the first, I tap the other pedal. Not a problem at all.

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
951 Posts
The shifting from low, medium and high threw me. My 1025 only has low and high range, so I had no answer.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
As Kyle said the gears are tight but also there are other variables in play sometimes. If your pedals are out of sync, the gears have a hard time releasing when there’s a little pressure on them. Mine have a slight forward pull when I’m not pressing either one and I haven’t gotten around to adjusting them. When I want to shift into or out of a gear I put slight pressure in the reverse pedal to release the tension on the gear and it slides right out. Also inclines have a play in it. Only shift on level ground

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, this was an interesting ride..........It went from soil compaction on commercial sites to a SCUT with a 3 speed transaxle, Low, Medium and High.........

Moving along........
Yeah I seen his question then I seen replies about running a tiller or something lol nobody really answered his question lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
As Kyle said the gears are tight but also there are other variables in play sometimes. If your pedals are out of sync, the gears have a hard time releasing when there’s a little pressure on them. Mine have a slight forward pull when I’m not pressing either one and I haven’t gotten around to adjusting them. When I want to shift into or out of a gear I put slight pressure in the reverse pedal to release the tension on the gear and it slides right out. Also inclines have a play in it. Only shift on level ground
Now that you say that it makes sense, mine sometimes has a very slight reverse especially at wide open when my feet are off the pedals so that makes sense, thanks for the reply I’m going to adjust the pedals

1 - 18 of 18 Posts