Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it dropped off this morning, had to head into work. Artillian forks just showed up at my shop. God is this day dragging on!

I will send more pics this weekend.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Looks like a nice set-up you got there.....now get out there and DIG something!

·
Registered
151 Posts
WAHOO!!! :yahoo: May the Green god bless you with many happy years in your relationship!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Congrats! Only one problem I see with your tractor already, no dirt or scratches on it? Get out there and dig!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Congrats on :greentractorride:

Thank god you have the weekend to get acquainted.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,056 Posts
Congratulation nicksteck. Nice looking machine.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Congrats on all that "early Christmas" loot. Good Luck.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
Congrats!! Now it's time to get dirty. Play time is in progress. Play, work, is there a difference? :thumbup1gif: :laugh:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had fun tonight, I even got the wire to take a spin down the driveway. Found out real quick that I need the ballast box on when using the loader on a hill, I put about 340 pounds of pavers in, felt a lot better.

Biggest problem I'm having is I keep reaching for the loader controls on my steering column from my X585. the loader controls are so smooth, it was a joy to run.

Got the new springs installed, much better! thanks

Installed the forks, went with the 24" landscape for for popping stumps out, think I will pick up the 42" down the road. I didn't realize they put a graphite coating on the frame, forks slid across the frame easily.

Installing Ken's bucket hooks tomorrow night, going to leave them zinc, like the look.

Piranha is coming Monday.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Had fun tonight, I even got the wire to take a spin down the driveway. Found out real quick that I need the ballast box on when using the loader on a hill, I put about 340 pounds of pavers in, felt a lot better.

Biggest problem I'm having is I keep reaching for the loader controls on my steering column from my X585. the loader controls are so smooth, it was a joy to run.

Got the new springs installed, much better! thanks

Installed the forks, went with the 24" landscape for for popping stumps out, think I will pick up the 42" down the road. I didn't realize they put a graphite coating on the frame, forks slid across the frame easily.

Installing Ken's bucket hooks tomorrow night, going to leave them zinc, like the look.

Piranha is coming Monday.

Nice Rig! Just got mine today too (upgraded from a 1023E).

Love the forks. I gotta ask, how do they help with stumps?

Your gonna love the Piranha tooth bar. I actually was able to remove two nice sized stumps just with the loader. Albeit the holes got pretty large, but they're out!

IMG_20140616_191640.jpg

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Your gonna love the Piranha tooth bar. I actually was able to remove two nice sized stumps just with the loader. Albeit the holes got pretty large, but they're out!

View attachment 33201
I will let you know tomorrow, never got to use them tonight. I have about 3/4 acre to clear, mainly smaller trees 6-10" dia. I watched a friend with a John deere skid steer clear trees quick with the forks, I know I have a lot smaller machine but it worked really well. He just worked his way around the tree loosening the soil and then pushed the trees over. I know this wouldn't work on large trees, but it should work with the size I'm dealing with.

Did you send your bucket dimensions to Xpanded to order your tooth bar? I just told them what I had and am hoping for the best, sounds like they vary a bit.

Nick

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I will let you know tomorrow, never got to use them tonight. I have about 3/4 acre to clear, mainly smaller trees 6-10" dia. I watched a friend with a John deere skid steer clear trees quick with the forks, I know I have a lot smaller machine but it worked really well. He just worked his way around the tree loosening the soil and then pushed the trees over. I know this wouldn't work on large trees, but it should work with the size I'm dealing with.

Did you send your bucket dimensions to Xpanded to order your tooth bar? I just told them what I had and am hoping for the best, sounds like they vary a bit.

Nick
When I went on their site, I just picked the tooth bar for my bucket (JD 53"). It fit very well. The only modification I had to make was to the washers on the outside. I needed to grind a flat on them so they would lay flat. I can take a picture and post it on this thread tomorrow.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

View attachment 33201
$hit, I ordered the wrong size tooth bar, just measure the I.D. at 53". I ordered the 49".

any Ideas on what I should do? it is suppose to arrive Monday.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
$hit, I ordered the wrong size tooth bar, just measure the I.D. at 53". I ordered the 49".

any Ideas on what I should do? it is suppose to arrive Monday.
From what I have seen here on the forum (I saw this same thing happen in another thread), the guys at Bxpanded are really helpful. Give them a call or email them in the morning. Worst case scenario you may have to pay for shipping costs (and the obvious difference in price for the 53") but they can get you the right one really fast.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts