Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have on loan a 1025r and he would like to borrow my 54 front blade from my 317 in the spring. Can anyone point me in the direction of the bracket that goes between his 1025 and my 54 blade? I have been searching and can't come up with anything. Thanks for any help at all.. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I'm 99% sure they are two different blades. Yes the 1025R and 3xx series both have 54" blades, but they are completly different designs. I have seen one person on here adapt his 318 54" blade to fit a 1026R, but that required a decent amount of modifications. It would also require longer hoses and I think the quick hyd fittings are different. I'm sure someone with more info will chime in.

·
Registered
579 Posts
No way would I loan out my snow blade in the spring! It's not a dirt blade, you'd be better off to buy him a 48" box blade.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Isn't the 3xx series 54" blade super heavy duty? I have one for my 318, well it's a 420 blade, but I got it to work. The new generation of 54" blade is a lot lighter duty in my understanding.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Isn't the 3xx series 54" blade super heavy duty? I have one for my 318, well it's a 420 blade, but I got it to work. The new generation of 54" blade is a lot lighter duty in my understanding.

I used the 54" blade on my 318 this summer digging ditches. I think it is heavy duty enough to ply in the dirt.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm 99% sure they are two different blades. Yes the 1025R and 3xx series both have 54" blades, but they are completly different designs. I have seen one person on here adapt his 318 54" blade to fit a 1026R, but that required a decent amount of modifications. It would also require longer hoses and I think the quick hyd fittings are different. I'm sure someone with more info will chime in.

Hoses are easy and fittings well just make it different on one end then the other to workI figured JD might actually build the bracket.. If not i guess i will..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No way would I loan out my snow blade in the spring! It's not a dirt blade, you'd be better off to buy him a 48" box blade.
he trusts me with his tractor.. i can trust him with my blade.. it does help its my 74 year old father that would like it to do some light yard work on fresh black dirt.. With what i do with that blade around here on my 317 .. surly he wont damage it just moving fresh black dirt..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Do you have any pictures of your mount and mods to get it to work?? If so can you post them or post a link to where i could see them?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used the 54" blade on my 318 this summer digging ditches. I think it is heavy duty enough to ply in the dirt.
I saw your picture.. Makes me feel even better about loaning this blade to my father.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your mount and mods to get it to work?? If so can you post them or post a link to where i could see them?
The 420/430 frame is about 2" wider than the 3xx frame. So I pull the keys out of the quick pins and replaced them with longer pins my dad had laying around. The tire will drag if you turn to sharp, but it does work. It is far from perfect, but it gets the job done when I need it too. I'd like to try and make it work on my 1026R someday. Just need the time and skills. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I agree, the older blades for the 3xx series tractors are heavy enough for that. Mine has seen way more dirt than snow. The new ones that they sell for the 1-Series and X tractors is way lighter duty than the old one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it seems.. If i want my father to use my blade i will have to make a bracket for in between my blade and his JD. I wont mod the blade bracket as i still want to use it on my 317 at times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts