Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,771 Posts
Both of my carts have just 2 wheels, is that okay to hook that up to my imatch with a drawbar like I’m planning to? Can’t I control the maximum distance my 3ph will lower with the black twist control knob directly below the operator seat centered on the tractor? That way it won’t tip towards the tractor
If you get too much weight to the rear of the cart it will cause the tongue to raise (think see-saw) which could push the 3-pt up to its limit. At that point the stress is place on the castings in the transaxle. If you're lucky, it will just bend the top link. If not, a transaxle repair ain't cheap (damage like that won't be covered by warranty).

I'd get a 2" receiver to replace the hitch plate that provides a solid connection that won't move.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,771 Posts
No he was asking about locking the 3 point in place by closing the rate of drop valve, not the position control lever.

I'm not sure if that will prevent the 3 point from being forced upwards or not.
There is no down pressure on the 3-pt so the ROD has no effect on the upward movement.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,771 Posts
I've hauled a Gorilla cart around full of heavy clay dirt a bunch of times and I don't recall it ever putting any undue stress on the 3pt hitch. It'll be fine.

Best,
Is that a 4 wheel cart? If so it doesn't have any tongue weight so using the 3-pt shouldn't be an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts