Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 1025R
177 Posts
So this could work…but I would have to take off he imatch from the 3ph?
No, it should fit into the iMatch as well, but will need bushings. Example bushing set: B1: Category 1 Bushing Set - Heavy Hitch - Compact Tractor Attachments

I also have a lawn cart with this sort of hitch for pulling firewood. I find the most convenient thing is using the hitch receiver in my ballast box. Getting a ballast box with the receiver in it has been a godsend for almost never having to put the box down. I wouldn't tow anything heavy with the 3pt, but it's great for the 1500 lbs. max lawn cart.

·
Registered
2014 1025R
177 Posts
Whaaaa...?? A quick hitch drawbar!? I must have one! :)

Between the hitch receiver I welded on top of my bucket and the QH drawbar I can move 2 trailers at once! Ha! Lol.
And be stuck always backing a trailer no matter which direction you're headed? This sounds like a special version of hell. :LOL:

·
Registered
2014 1025R
177 Posts
For light trailers, that's why I prefer the ballast box hitch receiver. It's not an ideal solution, as there's still no positive "up" control, but you have to overcome the entire weight of the ballast box first with the tongue before you have an issue (assuming you're not also using the FEL at the same time). It's way better than the 3pt alone.

For a heavy trailer...I actually do have the bucket-mounted receiver I poked fun at earlier. I've used it and it truly is a better way. Just wouldn't want to run one off both ends at the same time! (Full disclosure: I'm not terrible at backing a trailer, but I'm no pro, either. I envy those that can do it effortlessly.)

·
Registered
2014 1025R
177 Posts
Oh, something else I though of: If you're carrying firewood, great. It's easy to load a garden trailer with bucked and split wood well, with just the right tongue weight. However, I often find I'm using the trailer to carry the mess that comes as a result of felling a tree: branches and twigs and leaves. Maybe I'm just being lazy, but if it doesn't drag on the ground on the way to the chipper, I'm happy. These loose loads are really light anyway. But it does mean that the tongue weight is often, uh, let's say less than ideal.

2:i got a small extender that seems to fit

View attachment 839871
Since we were talking about it before: I've never used one, but that looks like it would be miserable to back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts