Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im noticing a whine from my hydraulics when turning the steering wheel and pretty much every movement of the tractor. Its got 175 hrs on it, i changed the hyd fluid at about 100 hrs. The machine is stored indoors

I frequently remove the loader, hoe and or deck to do various tasks. When i do this i noticed the fluid is slightly milky looking. Im wondering if this is casuing any damage to the machine?

I do all of my own maintenance, taking the machine to the dealer is not an option as far as im concerned, they want $180 each way to trailer it and they will keep it for weeks for any and all reasons and wont fill me in as to its status without multiple phone calls to check on it.

Should i be concerned about the fluid?

Thanks!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Im noticing a whine from my hydraulics when turning the steering wheel and pretty much every movement of the tractor. Its got 175 hrs on it, i changed the hyd fluid at about 100 hrs. The machine is stored indoors

I frequently remove the loader, hoe and or deck to do various tasks. When i do this i noticed the fluid is slightly milky looking. Im wondering if this is casuing any damage to the machine?

I do all of my own maintenance, taking the machine to the dealer is not an option as far as im concerned, they want $180 each way to trailer it and they will keep it for weeks for any and all reasons and wont fill me in as to its status without multiple phone calls to check on it.

Should i be concerned about the fluid?

Thanks!
Can you take some pictures of the fluid? Just take some out in a clean cup or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
There may be a small amount of air making its way in on the suction side of the pump. This would create some cavitation noise and after mixing air and oil in the pump would introduce millions of tiny air bubbles in the fluid giving it a white look. Could be water in the fluid somehow as well. When I bought my supplies for the hydro change I also purchased a new o-ring for the face of the cap that holds the suction screen in the housing. I would examine the o-ring I described and the hose and clamps that attach to it. If you draw a sample of your fluid let it sit and see if it either clears up with time or if water separates.

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
You can always do the crackle test for water in your fluid.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you change the suction filter when you changed the oil? My tractor was steering hard and the loader cycle times were in the 30-40 second range with only 14 hrs on it. I took the cap off of the trans tube and it looked like mayonnaise. Called the dealer and they came and picked it up. Brought it back later that day and it steered great and the loader cycled in 10-15 seconds. He told me the suction tube in the bottom of the trans was scummed over and starving the pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts