Green Tractor Talk banner

1025r Hydraulic Pressure

40K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  IndianaJim 
#1 ·
Does anyone know off hand what Deere calls for as for the Hydraulic pressure for the SCV loader ports on the 1025r with the H120 loader? I recently did a lifting force test on my loader using a hanging scale, ground anchors and chain, and just 560lbs of lifting force is all it would do, and that without anything on the loader, no bucket, no forks, nothing. A little disappointed to see thats all the lifting force it had, so my prime suspect is the pressure setting.

#2 ·
SCV pressure relief setting is 1990 lbs.

Reactions: PJR832
#3 ·
Agreed with Jeff B. 1025 Hyd. Schematic indicates 137 bar which translates to 1987 PSI.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
Looks like the H120 specs are close to your test results. I always wonder if the Specs are derived by -
a) Setting the pressure than measuring the lift capacity ?
b) Engineering the lift capacity then setting the pressure?
c) Calculating the lift capacity so it never results in lifting the rear wheels when using recommended rear ballast weight?

I would guess "C" is the answer. Safety is their priority. If your rear wheels come off the ground the entire tractor can rotate quickly and roll.
Particularly on a hill. They would probably tell you if you desire more lift cap, buy a larger tractor.

You may want to read this thread to better understand the risk....http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/tractor-equipment-safety/103962-rolled-its-side.html

Attachments

#5 ·
Yuuup I understand the risks, and I would always make sure I have proper ballast, I have the backhoe, which weighs 600lbs, which is nice because I can extend the boom all the way out if I need to, I have already ordered the pressure gauge from KBOH, so I can measure the pressure first before I do anything.

Reactions: Levi and PJR832
#6 ·
And if youll remember, last year, John Deere had the lift capacity at 836lbs for the H120 loader then just recently they changed it to 512lbs, no explanation was ever given for the change, my guess for liability reasons. Many of have seen this You tube video that compared the 1025r with the Kubota BX series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQrrHOe3UIU, which showed the 1025r lifting force at 1110 lbs of lifting force and breakout force at 1350/lbs, and the Kubota only 780lbs of lifting force and 930lbs of breakout force, So I was disappointed with the result of my little test.

#23 ·
I think the lift capacity also includes the weight of the bucket on the loader. It is confusing how they derive specs to make things look better than what they are

#7 ·
That is strange, I easily lifted a 520# tiller on a skid into my pickup several times with Artillian forks using my 1025 and girlfriends 1023. My 1025 will also pick up my 8 foot poly plow I use on my truck, and I can only fork it at the end of the forks. Practically flattens my front tires at 22 psi when I do that but I only need to pick it up 8 inches to move it around.

#8 ·
Well maybe your pressure is set too low. You should know shortly when your gauge arrives...

#9 ·
Lifting capacity with the FEL has all to do with how far the load is ahead of the bucket pivot pin and how high the bucket is off the ground.

The H120 FEL on a 1023E, 1026R, or 1025R has a break away force of 1725 lb. measured at the pivot at ground level. This is the initial force that it will develop at ground level. This doesn't mean you can lift 1725 lb.

The lift capacity at full height is 703 lb. measured at the pivot. Capacity at full height, 19 1/2" ahead of the pivot point, is 512 lb. (this is the published spec.).
Bucket roll back capacity at ground level is 1911 lb.

Because the cylinder leverage angle changes as you lift, the lifting capacity goes down the higher the bucket gets. Also, when using forks, the farther ahead of the pivot point the load is, the less you will be able to lift.

Essentially, at ground level you will be able to lift a fairly heavy lift off the ground but as the height increases, the FEL will stop lifting. So, if you just want to get the heavier load off the ground, it will probably do it. If you really want to lift something heavy, roll the bucket back at ground level. You will not be able to lift it but you can most likely roll it back enough to clear the ground. :bigthumb:

https://www.deere.com/en/loaders/front-end-loaders-for-tractors/h120-loader/

#10 ·
Well, I got my gauge from Ken, Pressure is at 2000psi, so I guess everything is set right. I still would like to know how some of these people are able to lift the 800lbs that they claim, and the you tube video that claim it can lift 1100 lbs must be an outright lie

#11 ·
Well I am guessing the calibrated eye on some of these folks is off. Unless it's on some type of a scale or their is a reference (the load has a posted weight) it's hard to verify so take their claims with a grain of salt. :bigbeer:

#13 ·
Honestly vincentrose, I believe somewhere on this forum and more than once guys picked up known weight at a bare minimum of 800 lbs. The impression I had was that you can get close to a thousand a few inches off the ground, and should be able to get 800 full height. But the weight has to be at the backrest pins.
Other than the tiller I previously mentioned I don't have cement sacks or anything of know quantity to test mine with but I am certain someone on here can testify who has lifted known loads. Something does not sound right if all you are getting is 550 lbs.
I had seen the comparison video at least a year ago and had the impression it was a properly administered comparison that produced results nearly in line with each manufacturers claims at the time.

#14 ·
I lifted 10 - 80 lb. bags of sacrete stacked on a pallet close to the backrest of the forks on my Artilian forks. The FEL would only lift this load about 6". Yes it lifted it but not far. I could roll it back, but there is no way the FEL on a 1025R will lift that much weigh full height.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Well, I'm starting to wonder if I'm going about the testing all wrong, since the pressure measured at around 2100 psi using KBOH's pressure gauge
, a little higher than spec, instead of anchoring the scale to the ground and trying to lift, maybe I should just put weights on a pallet and try to lift, adding a little more weight each time until it won't lift anymore.

#20 · (Edited)
It'll lift what it'll lift

I flew big helicopters doing heavy lift work. The customer told us the load was only 16,000 lbs. We couldn't pick it up. Our capacity was an honest 20,000 lbs., given the altitude and temperature.

Our reply to the customer? "Sorry, sir, but if I can't pick it up, it doesn't matter what it weighs. Take something off so we can pick it up and put it in the canyon for you." The Grand Canyon floor was 2200 feet below the rim where we were trying to pick up the load. It takes more power to stop the descent and place the load properly than to lift the load. Be careful with what you lift!

End of story: If you can't pick it up, it's too heavy. :laugh: Simple, right? Tests? Forget it.

#17 ·
I would not have thought that your test was flawed, I mean how simple it seems. I would also have thought that by chaining your scale at the backrest that you would have obtained more accurate figures than factoring in the distance from the pins that your weights, whatever they end up being and derating for it.
If you can get some accurate load then I would certainly try the lift test, and be sure to keep us informed.:munch:

#18 ·
I have watched this video about ten times. I think what is really measured in the video is - the force at which the loader stalls at a certain lift height.
John Deere vs Kubota in a controlled test, Not John Deere vs advertised ratings. And the lift height being about 1/2" above ground level.
So as an example-
A loader may lift 560lbs to 59"
Or 700lbs to 12"
Or 900lbs to 1/2". There really is minimal vertical movement on those scales.

Bet you tractor would exert the same force, but the movement would be so minimal as observed with the eye, you would be disappointed.
They are simply exerting force against a fixed object, where a better test would be a platform under the bucket with weights. IMHO.

As to the variation in the video test vs your test. Was your loader chained to a submerged fixture with scale under the loader? Fresh Fluid warmed up? All the fittings greased? Is your scale certified? Was theirs? Brand new cylinder seals/hoses etc. Maybe you can figure out if difference exists.

I did my test to see what the tractor would lift in the real world. Not to confirm a rating. I need to know when ordering an implement if I can move it to the barn or will i need to uncrate/assemble it at the bottom of an 800' driveway where the truck drops it off. (usually in the rain).

#19 ·
Well today I now realize that my lifting test was flawed. I rented a rotory tiller over the weekend, and out of curiosity, I weighed it with the hanging scale, it weighed 628 pounds, and i was able to lift it not only with the tiller against the back of the fork frame, but also long ways, with the end of it was against the fork frame. I had to pick it up this way in order to load it on the trailer, for transport back to Sunbelt. So now I know that my 1025r, can lift, when you consider the weight of the forks weighs at 212 pounds, and the rotory tiller weighing in at 628 pounds for a total of 840 pounds, and don't forget I lifted it longways(to get it on the trailer) Not bad!!!

#22 ·
Well I have an update, I was able to weigh a pallet of heavy materials, metal frame pieces for a barn I am getting ready to build and then tried to lift it with my 1025r, the pallet of materials weighs in at 693 lbs, my 1025r was able to lift it no problem without breaking a sweat!! So i went a step further, I have an old truck tire, it weighs 152 lbs, and I placed it on top of the pallet of metal, bringing the total weight to 845 lbs, it lifted it, but only about 24 inches off the ground. So I went one step further, I placed my 49 inch loader bucket on top of that, which weighs another 165lbs, bringing the total weight to 1,010 lbs, and good ole Johnny lifted it, barely, about 6 inches off the ground, which is still quite impressive for the litttle guy!

Grass Vehicle Trailer Lawn

#24 ·
Well I have an update, I was able to weigh a pallet of heavy materials, metal frame pieces for a barn I am getting ready to build and then tried to lift it with my 1025r, the pallet of materials weighs in at 693 lbs, my 1025r was able to lift it no problem without breaking a sweat!! So i went a step further, I have an old truck tire, it weighs 152 lbs, and I placed it on top of the pallet of metal, bringing the total weight to 845 lbs, it lifted it, but only about 24 inches off the ground. So I went one step further, I placed my 49 inch loader bucket on top of that, which weighs another 165lbs, bringing the total weight to 1,010 lbs, and good ole Johnny lifted it, barely, about 6 inches off the ground, which is still quite impressive for the litttle guy!

View attachment 466522
Thanks for the info. When you take into consideration the 1025 only weighs in at 1445 lifting almost 700 pounds without a sweat is not bad at all. I'll bet it would be possible to up the hydraulic pressure without much effort to gain more lift height if you so desire. I'll bet the 2025 and 1025 both have the same pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.