Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello all.I recently purchased a 1025FILB which I really like, and I think will serve my needs for a long time.
My question concerns the hydraulic system, Why is it that when using the JD backhoe. I can only move one part at a time. Such as dipper stick then the boom. The bucket curl, but not at the same time as I pull in the boom? It seems the Orange tractors can do two things simultaneously. Why is that? Obviously it is a different type of system, but what are the differences.
Thanks George

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
Deere 1025R: Single Hydro pump. Total hydraulic system capacity: 6.3 GPM Implement capacity: 3.5 GPM

Kubota B2601: Dual hydro pumps. Total hydraulic system capacity: 8.2 GPM Implement capacity: ????

The Kubota equal with it's dual hydro pumps can simply provide more hydro fluid to make the backhoe respond faster.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. So it's just responding faster and not actually doing 2 things at once?
Guess I just need to get smoother. Practice makes perfect.

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
Well, I don't have a 1025R and have very limited time on a Kubota (my neighbor has one) but even on my machine "doing 2 things at one time" is more a matter of finesse in using the joysticks than "built in system functions".

If you have enough fluid flowing, you can feather the controls to feed fluid to 2 different functions at the same time and get decent response times. If you only have a little fluid flowing that becomes very hard to do. You'll see a lot of guys on here (GTT) talking about the exact same thing with the lift & curl functions on the loaders. Some machines have enough "oomph" to allow that to happen, some don't.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
With practice you can do two things at once - but they will move slower when moving together and you need to be very deliberate with the controls in order to balance the flow between the two functions.

·
Registered
927 Posts
With practice you can do two things at once - but they will move slower when moving together and you need to be very deliberate with the controls in order to balance the flow between the two functions.
This. It definitely takes practice, and you will get better at it once you figure it all out. I have had mine for over 2 years, and use my BH quite heavily, and I am still learning.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Thy hydraulic guru’s on this forum may come by to tell you the specifics as to why it’s very difficult for these small machines to effectively do more than one function at once.

The gist of it is that the way the valves are setup flow seeks the path of least resistance, if you open one to do a function then the limited flow will seek to operate that function and not actuating the other function your calling for quickly.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Thy hydraulic guru’s on this forum may come by to tell you the specifics as to why it’s very difficult for these small machines to effectively do more than one function at once.

The gist of it is that the way the valves are setup flow seeks the path of least resistance, if you open one to do a function then the limited flow will seek to operate that function and not actuating the other function your calling for quickly.

That’s true of any fluid under pressure. Same reason when something leaks it is the path of least resistance.

Any hydraulic path that has more than one path the least resistance path will seek first. And as they equal the path will be more split. This will occur until one path is less resistance than the other. Keeping the feed of both paths some what equal can be an issue if one wants faster response time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am certainly not a hydraulic guru. But I feel it has more to do with the Orange one having two pumps. But, What do I know.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I am certainly not a hydraulic guru. But I feel it has more to do with the Orange one having two pumps. But, What do I know.
My green one has two pumps as well... it’s not unique to any single color.

All two pumps means is better flow for implements as the other pump is typically used for locomotion. Since you have a pump dedicated for implements the flow is better and the opportunity for multiple functions at once increases, it’s simple really...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Deere 1025R: Single Hydro pump. Total hydraulic system capacity: 6.3 GPM Implement capacity: 3.5 GPM

Kubota B2601: Dual hydro pumps. Total hydraulic system capacity: 8.2 GPM Implement capacity: ????

The Kubota equal with it's dual hydro pumps can simply provide more hydro fluid to make the backhoe respond faster.
lets compare similar tractors the same size. The 1025r compares to the BX series which has lest flow than the 1025r. bx 1880, 2380, 2680, 23sthe only one with a BH all put out 6.2gpm the 1025r is listed at 6.3gpm. This info is right out of the Kubota brochure and the JD brochure.

The Kubota b2601 would compare to the 2 series jd

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
With practice you can do 2 things at once. I find when digging that I will feather the boom and dipper and curl the bucket at the more as it fills. When swinging i give it most of the power but will be opening the bucket as I get close so that the dirt is coming out by the time I reach the pile I started. Of course it doesn't always work that way if the material is to wet and sticks in the bucket. Some days it doesntbwork at all but thats the concept. The only thing i have found hard to control and its because of the design is bringing the whole boom back to its locked position. It slams and i haven't been on a newer one to see the difference.

Seat time is the best time! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
lets compare similar tractors the same size. The 1025r compares to the BX series which has lest flow than the 1025r. bx 1880, 2380, 2680, 23sthe only one with a BH all put out 6.2gpm the 1025r is listed at 6.3gpm. This info is right out of the Kubota brochure and the JD brochure.

The Kubota b2601 would compare to the 2 series jd
Exactly, the OP is not comparing apples to apples in his original post but seems to think his apple is underperforming compared to an orange when in reality he has the superior machine on paper and as most here would agree, in reality.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Exactly, the OP is not comparing apples to apples in his original post but seems to think his apple is underperforming compared to an orange when in reality he has the superior machine on paper and as most here would agree, in reality.
Exactly: However, it is easy to get off track and be looking at something thinking it is something it isn't, we have all done that. In todays world people tend to take one liners off the net as gospel without checking references or bothering to ascertain if in fact it is correct or not. The reason for this is that as humans we are all lazy, that's why we invented the wheel:bigthumb:.....or buy itty bitty tractors to do small digging jobs we are too lazy to do by hand<smile>:laugh:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just learning my new back hoe and noticed that I was not that smooth and that I couldn't curl and move the boom at the same time.
That was all.

Thank you for your replies

1 - 16 of 16 Posts