Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently been reviewing information on the Hydraulics upgrades and want mention or advertise for company, however I've given this some though but have some questions. Also there is another video showing the added value. I do understand that it was stated that Deere voids the warranty when this is installed. I do see that it is added draw on the power train and added R.P.M. is needed to make it function properly. I suppose I'm trying to see the value of this versus the upgraded tractor but it does appear useful. Has anyone had experience with these units and is there a forum of evaluations.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,771 Posts
Are you referring to the HydrosPlus kit? I don't think it's more wear on the powertrain... if anything it might be less since you should be able to run at lower RPM's.

Warranty issues aside, I'd love to do this on my 1025R as it appears to make the hydraulics more useful and a lot smoother.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may be correct....it appears the pump was easy to replace...but the new divider took some dissambly plus some drilling to attach....then I wondered why would this void warranty if it is an improvement. And why didn't they use the bigger pump at the start? I do know from past experience with Deere these pumps and valves were from outside sources. Last time I was involved with an internal valve it was sourced out....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just watched a TTwT video on this. 1. Hydrosplus looks pretty cool, and I could see myself doing this when the warranty expires. What I gathered from the video on Hydrosplus was that one could conceivably run the 2025 pump on the 1025 and get a decent bump in flow while staying with oem parts . I am not saying JD couldn't discover it, but the likelyhood of them denying a warranty over it seems very low.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know for a fact that when I bought my 1999 JD4400, they engineered a screw up steering system. Did away with the Ackerman effect...had two cylinders moving the wheels without a connecting rod as they eliminated the aforementioned effect. This thing would tear up a concrete yard. I along with others found out about it that Deere was offering a replacement. My dealer at the time got the kit for me and wow they even had another Hydraulic pump with the kit. The pump was bigger and I can tell you for a fact...that tractor has the hydraulic muscle. I wonder it this is the same. It's got my attention too. Maybe this forum can offer more information.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,771 Posts
Duplicate

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,771 Posts

You can also watch all his videos on YouTube.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Kevin worked his rear end off with this improvement. He did a lot of thinking, fabrication and sourcing to get this done.

rob

·
Registered
340 Posts
It would be cool if you really have the need for it. If I was using my tractor for a profit, I could see where there would be more benefit...or had a specific implement that needed the additional flow.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
1026R. Grand Cherokee, Sante Fe Sport
1,440 Posts
This might be better served in the Hydraulics section...The more I run with the HydrosPlus the more I like it. The 9.5 GPM pump has a whine like a turbine...Not overly loud but if you like stuff like that it is a plus.👍

·
Registered
2020 1025R
797 Posts
I want this so bad but considering ive owned my tractor for only a handful of months and still have over 5.5 years of warranty. I don't think im going to be doing it. I find the loader painfully slow.
I'm a very new owner, but I find that comment confusing. Mine doesn't seem to be slow at all. I have only used it a handful of times to pick up a bucket full of mulch here and there.

Best,

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm a very new owner, but I find that comment confusing. Mine doesn't seem to be slow at all. I have only used it a handful of times to pick up a bucket full of mulch here and there.

Best,
I was plowing snow using the bucket this winter and everytime having to lift the bucket to dump on the piles it was painfully slow. For doing a few tasks and that kind of thing it's not bad. Doing a large job like plowing my driveway, it's very noticeable how slow it is. That's why this guy spent a ton of money and time trying to figure out how to make it run faster.

A lot of ppl say the hydraulics on these tractors are slow. I'm used to running tractors and equipment much larger than this which makes one know how slow they are compared too a regular sized tractor.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,771 Posts
It's not so much the "slow", it's the inability to use more than 1 function at a time. Being able to lift and curl (or dump) at the same time saves time. I think it ups the safety factor as well.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,771 Posts
Thanks. The explains it better. It's slower moving but then having to wait to dump and only able to do one movement at a time.
I think "slow" is ok on a SCUT. They're smaller and lighter so tossing heavy loads in the air with the bucket can lead to problems.

Curl-lift-dump-curl-lower is too slow.

Curl & lift, dump, curl & lower is quicker and much smoother.

Reactions: csnyder750

·
Registered
2020 1025R
797 Posts
I was plowing snow using the bucket this winter and everytime having to lift the bucket to dump on the piles it was painfully slow. For doing a few tasks and that kind of thing it's not bad. Doing a large job like plowing my driveway, it's very noticeable how slow it is. That's why this guy spent a ton of money and time trying to figure out how to make it run faster.

A lot of ppl say the hydraulics on these tractors are slow. I'm used to running tractors and equipment much larger than this which makes one know how slow they are compared too a regular sized tractor.
I've never used a larger tractor so I don't have a frame of reference for what "fast" is. :)

It would have to be one hell of a nuisance for me to be bothered "upgrading" to get what appears to be a somewhat minimal improvement in speed. But I guess if someone uses the loader a lot, all that "wait time" adds up.

Best,

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've never used a larger tractor so I don't have a frame of reference for what "fast" is. :)

It would have to be one hell of a nuisance for me to be bothered "upgrading" to get what appears to be a somewhat minimal improvement in speed. But I guess if someone uses the loader a lot, all that "wait time" adds up.

Best,
It's all about seat time really. For the normal person whose just using the loader occasionally, it's not a big time. But if you're sitting on the tractor for a couple hours plowing snow or doing a lot of loader work you would be saying this needs to run faster. Being able to do two functions at once is more accurate than being slow. Being able to curl and lift and dump at the same time saves time and sanity.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,771 Posts
Being able to do two functions at once is more accurate than being slow. Being able to curl and lift and dump at the same time saves time and sanity.
My problem is I never seem to lift high enough when dumping on a pile. So I need to stop dumping, raise the load more, and then dump again. Yeah, there's a very small sweet spot where you can get 2 functions working but that is the definition of slow.

The hydro upgrade really helps in that regard. The video that TTWT did really showed how much better the response was, especially with the backhoe. It was noticeably smoother to the point where I was amazed at the improvement.

Makes me wonder why Deere doesn't just put the 2025R pump on the 1025R to begin with...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.