Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, OK, I'm a a newbie. I got a problem and since dealers are close at this times(Christmas and new year), I want to show you and have your opinion on this.

First thing first..
Here is the situation:
1025r 2015 , 37 hrs, with 54" middle mower auto connect, front bucket h120, and rear snowblower frontier sb1154 with hydro controls for the chute(left,right,up and down).. The problem is around that...

The hydro oil is overflowing by the fill/vent cap under the seat....it seams to happen particularly when I'm playing with the chute controls.

Look at the pictures...
It looks like the dealer tapped the return to tank line at the fill tube and I think it's not the right place for that. My theory is that it's tapped too high and when I'm playing with the chute controls it returns in a "splash" and came up into the vent cap making a sweet mess...got the point?

The oil level is now half way...it started full in the beginning in the season.

Tell me what you think and how it's supposed to be.

And guess what...every little common problems showed up: steering hose rubbing on left tire...3pt lever falling down...and I ordered a 180 thermostat cause it's really cold sometimes here and the engine temp won't get high enough.

OK this is enough... It's your time to talk now..

...and excuse my English.. I'm not perfect...I'm a francophone from Québec, Canada.

Thank you

Oh. And the return line is rubbing against that and about to leak.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I have never seen a fill tube extension like that.
Let alone a hose tapped into side of it.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Never seen that type of a set up:dunno:
I know this doesn't help
I am sure someone will be along with help

·
Registered
967 Posts
Just a guess.... that is a return line in the extended breather. For what? Anyway, betcha when the fluid returns it overwhelms the filler neck and it sloshes up and out. :dunno:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi this is what I did to have rear remote hydraulics on my 1025r. Same setup as you with the blower. The "T" is the secondary ( safety) return to tank. I'm thinking they should have done this instead? Others will chime in on this. I have the power beyond and that his how I get hydraulic fluid to my 3 spool valve. Note the "P" and the "R" pressure and return lines and the second return. I think the fluid is returning, hitting the inside wall of that pipe ext. and splashing upward and out the breather cover. It's just not right. :-( My $0.02 worth.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Agreed with others. It looks like you dealer connected the tank line from your rear SCV to this breather extension. When working your chute, the return oil will flow through this line into this extension. Depending on how far you pull the rear SCV control lever, the velocity of the return oil is causing splashing and back up of oil under the breather.
To prevent this, the extension would need to be longer some how or install the tank line the way Valley Boy has his tank line connected. Teeing it in the main SCV tank line is a much cleaner way of doing this.

Attachments

Reactions: keane

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems a common practice from my dealer...
I saw this setup on many tractors at my dealer. I sended pictures to my service guy and it seems he didn't know the right setup.

Still waiting for his call. I think they will fix it only this spring...between snow and mow.

More pics of my setup...

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
A short turned down elbow inside that extension would probably alleviate the splashing up and out around the cap.:dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts