Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...I'm getting close to the age where I don't like muscling the heavy attachments around to connect to the 3pt hitch on my 1025R. Do any of you have the iMatch installed and keep it on while mowing? Does it interfere with your mowing at all? Not sure if it would come into play with uneven ground or not. Also...do you recommend the iMatch or is it better to go with a 3rd party quick hitch?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I leave mine on when I cut grass with no problem. I do however have to pay attention when backing up to maneuver around something if there is a slope because the imatch is very close to the ground. It will sometimes plow if you are beginning an uphill slope when you back up.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Well...I'm getting close to the age where I don't like muscling the heavy attachments around to connect to the 3pt hitch on my 1025R. Do any of you have the iMatch installed and keep it on while mowing? Does it interfere with your mowing at all? Not sure if it would come into play with uneven ground or not. Also...do you recommend the iMatch or is it better to go with a 3rd party quick hitch?
When I had my 1025R, I never took off the iMatch. There was no interference. I have the JD iMatch and also a HF quickhitch. No comparison, except for price. You get what you pay for.

Dave

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I leave mine on all the time. I had some problems when going over very uneven ground with the match digging in until I realized that the mower deck would reach its lowest setting with the position control lever set well above its lowest setting.

In other words, you don't need to lower the 3pt all the way in order for the mower deck to be fully down.

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
I leave the IMatch on all the time except when the backhoe is on. No problem mowing on hills but I have the hydraulic lift setup so my 3 pt doesn't drop when adjusting the deck.

I have only used the IMatch so I can't comment how it compares to others, but to me it's worth it's weight in gold.

·
Premium Member
9,120 Posts
I have the Imatch and its never been off my tractor since the day it came new from the dealer, but I also don't have a MMM. I cant imagine hooking up implements without it. It makes it SO much easier.........you don't even have to leave the seat for non pto driven 3 point implements, back up lift and go.

Personally, I found the after market hitches to be not built as well and not gusseted in the corners the same way and also the fit and finish wasn't as good. There are many people who have other 3 point units and most seem to be satisfied with them. I have noticed that some seem to be often explaining how the HF and others are "nearly as good and much less money". I agree with Dave (DDINHAM) you get what you pay for. I didn't buy a Rural King tractor because I wanted the real deal, same with my IMatch and most attachments........

One strong suggestion is to make sure to get the Ken's Bolt on Hook's Center hook for the IMatch or the replica models. He makes one for each and it improves an already great attachment device. The angle on the hook from Ken along with its forward position make hooking and unhooking easier than without it. In my opinion, the I Match and the Ken's Center Hook give you the ideal 3ph attachment aid. Never wrestle or man handle an implement again. :good2:

·
Premium Member
12,709 Posts
I'm making the assumption that you don't currently have an iMatch. Also assuming that you have the standard mechanical lift for your MMM. If that is the case, once the iMatch is attached to your 3PH lift arms, it will go up with down with the lift arms as you raise and lower your mower deck. It should not present any interference issues at all. One of the biggest benefits to the iMatch is that once it is installed and your 3PH sway turnbuckles are adjusted, you shouldn't have to adjust them again.

As for the JD iMatch vs. 3rd party offerings. There are a lot of different quick hitches on the market. They all work pretty much the same. What you will find is that virtually all 3rd party quick hitches are much more bulky compared to the iMatch. They typically use larger box sections and massive gussets to achieve their strength. The iMatch on the other hand is very "thin" by comparison and as such it still allows easy access to the rear components of your tractor.

Google around for images of quick hitches and you will quickly see what I am referring to.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have it on when moving my trailer out of the way to mow. Doesn't get in the way at all. I couldn't get the imatch on the 3 point when I got it, too heavy for me. I use an electric winch mounted to the ceiling of my shop to lift it up so I can install it. Brains over brawn.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
I leave mine on all the time. I had some problems when going over very uneven ground with the match digging in until I realized that the mower deck would reach its lowest setting with the position control lever set well above its lowest setting.
Position control

Very simple, the MMM will be all the way down long before the 3 point, set it after lowering you mower and the iMATCH will be plenty high enough for mowing with zero interference.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for the quick responses. Looks like the best solution is to go with the iMatch and Ken’s Bolt on Hooks attachment. Will also have to purchase bushings for all attachments, correct? Sounds like I need to save some money! :gizmo:

·
Registered
20 Posts
HF Quick hitch

I'll throw in my 2 cents even though you've already got a bunch of great responses. I keep mine on all the time, no problem with mowing. I have the Harbor Freight quick hitch, $80 with a 20% off coupon. The only problem with it was the top hook, but Ken makes one for the HF quick hitch just like the one he makes for the imatch. Made a huge difference. Little bit funny I guess that the hook was half the cost of the whole hitch, but well worth it, highly recommended. You do still need the bushings, but you can use all the money you save by getting the HF version to buy them!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The only time my 3point comes off is when I have to attach my BH. One thing I did do was weld up any implements that weren’t quick hitch compatible. The only implement that is non hitch compatible is my BH. Had it on for every mow since I have owned the tractor and mow a few acres.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use the match with the Jamisen Bryce adapter to quickly attach bagger , no heavy lifting. works great

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm another one that never takes the quick hitch off.

Reactions: Firemark and PJR832

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
If the 3 point hardware and quick hitch are getting in the way that much while mowing, I'd say the 1025r is the wrong machine for the job to begin with.

As with everyone else, I don't take the quick hitch off ever. Unless I'm using the PHD that can't use it

·
Premium Member
9,120 Posts
Thank you everyone for the quick responses. Looks like the best solution is to go with the iMatch and Ken’s Bolt on Hooks attachment. Will also have to purchase bushings for all attachments, correct? Sounds like I need to save some money! :gizmo:

While I am a fan of the I Match, I am not a fan of getting the I Match bushings at the Deere Dealer. It seems like they are priced around $25 to $28 per set at the dealer and you can get these bushings a lot of other places for less than half that amount. I think the lowest price I have paid was $9 a set on sale at a Farm Store. Even if I don't have an immediate need for them, when i see them on sale, I pick them up and either give them to others getting started, plus I keep a spare set or two in the spare parts box.

Since you need bushings for each implement, the $15 plus savings per implement adds up quickly. I must have 7 or 8, 3 PH rear implements and buying the bushing kits on sale when you see them and watching on line, etc. is a great way to save money.

The bushings are not rocket science. As long as they come with the roll pins to install them and if you use Ken's Top Hook, you don't need to use the center link bushings. Just make sure you are buying the right ones for your tractor.

The Amazon link when doing a search for IMatch bushings shows sources from $35 to $10......

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Bushings-Category-Tractor-Bushing/dp/B0753XNFQR/ref=sr_1_3?gclid=CjwKCAjwibzsBRAMEiwA1pHZrrcTYSg2dQKUZfCg5roNeaJYIj9cidP6Cb_7qHShvL3-zC8WCbVZihoCBlUQAvD_BwE&hvadid=346689388223&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9017334&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=b&hvrand=6301612929261796091&hvtargid=kwd-295269367662&hydadcr=16726_10232651&keywords=imatch+bushing+kit&qid=1569675845&sr=8-3#customerReviews

Also, I bought an assortment of roll pins like the one in this link. That way, I always have the roll pins I need and it seems to be the complaint with some of the after market kits, having roll pins which are the wrong size....Once you install a roll pin, you damage the pounding edge of it and if you ever need to remove it, use a pin punch and knock it out the opposite direction of which you pounded it in, its easier than trying to "knock it through" the bushing, because the top edge of the roll pin gets pounded flat when installing it............

Harbor Freight Storehouse Roll Pin Assortment Kit 315 Piece NEW 67682 | eBay

Reactions: Caloosakid and BigK

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Bushings should come with the imatch. Mine did. He even gave me an extra set for future implements. You don't have to drop your imatch all the way down unless your taking off your MMM. There are numbers on the side of the control handle bracket for raising and lowering your deck, and 3ph. don't go past your depth you have your deck set on and the imatch will ride a lot higher. Theres also a slide stop on that you can position and tighten to prevent the handle from. going all the way down. I got the imatch with my trac tor, and it has never come off.

Reactions: BigK

·
Premium Member
12,709 Posts
While I am a fan of the I Match, I am not a fan of getting the I Match bushings at the Deere Dealer. It seems like they are priced around $25 to $28 per set at the dealer and you can get these bushings a lot of other places for less than half that amount. I think the lowest price I have paid was $9 a set on sale at a Farm Store. Even if I don't have an immediate need for them, when i see them on sale, I pick them up and either give them to others getting started, plus I keep a spare set or two in the spare parts box.
Good info! Stay away from the dealer. I'm embarrassed to say that back when I had the loader added to my 2-series the dealer charged me $80 for a bushing set for my ballast box. Yes, $80. I didn't know any better at the time.

There used to be some places that sold a set of the lower bushings for $11 (Belarus). Earlier in the year I think it was Walmart that was selling a set of lower bushings for $9.00. I bought two sets at the time but I no longer see them listed. Doing some quick Googling around I see that Heavy Hitch sells a complete set of upper and lower bushings (mushroom shape) for $19.

https://heavyhitch.com/product/category-1-bushing-set/

The only notable detail is HH only includes a Cat-1 to Cat-2 top-link bushing and you really should also have a Cat-2 to Cat-3 bushing on the top-link. But... some folks prefer the slightly looser top-hook fit that a Cat-2 bushing provides.

Here is a set of lower-only bushings from Ebay for $22 with free shipping. I see other places listing multiple sets for less than $20 each.

https://www.ebay.com/c/1971106264

Let's also not forget that Kenny sells a complete set of Cat-3 bushings (mushroom style) for $25 and his includes both top-link bushings to get you to Cat-3.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Bushings should come with the imatch. Mine did.
Mine did not come with any bushings and it was new out of the box from JD. I also bought a JD hitch adapter that came with the two bottom bushings. I also bought a Frontier rotary tiller that came with all three bushings as it is advertised as quick hitch compatible. That makes me believe JD figures your JD quick hitch compatible implements come with the required bushings. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts