Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 1025R TLB back in Feb 2017. Since then it's been pure hell. Was delivered dirty, missing parts and manuals, no fuel. It's been in the shop 7 times for the Autoconnect deck and 2 times for the transmission.

Realistically it's only been in the shop 5 times, but every time I go to pick it up, it's not done correctly as was the case today. I don't believe the tractor is a lemon or anything, I just think the people working on it have no clue and no training as well as no sense of pride in doing something right the first time.

I feel like I've given them enough chances and I've reach out to the dealerships corporate service manager, but I want to get a hold of a regional rep or one at Deere Headquarters. Does anyone have any idea how to do that?

In hindsight, I wish I bought from the dealer who was an hour away vs. the one closest to me.

·
Premium Member
13,862 Posts
Have you ever tried contacting the dealer that is an hour away throughout this whole process :dunno:

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I haven't...but funny thing is, about 2 weeks ago...this dealer, the bad one, bought the good dealer....
Ouch!

·
Premium Member
13,862 Posts
I haven't...but funny thing is, about 2 weeks ago...this dealer, the bad one, bought the good dealer....
Well, that sucks :banghead: :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,068 Posts
Yes ,but the good dealer may have the BEST mechanics..:dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
Yes ,but the good dealer may have the BEST mechanics..:dunno:
Hope he Keeps his fingers crossed... Maybe another poster who hates foreign tractors can get this accomplished for him! Not mentioning any screen names! :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,360 Posts
I would contact the service manager at the "Good Dealer" and seek some guidance from them. Chances are they will know what to do to resolve your problems. Also, since they are now under the same ownership, this is a good opportunity for the good dealer to pull up the quality of the "other dealer". People who are good at customer service and technicians who are skilled and competent will do a great job regardless of the new affiliation with the "other dealer". Hopefully, the quality of the dealer you bought from will improve with this relationship.

But I would still contact the other dealer to try one more shot at resolving the issues before getting corporate involved. If the other dealer can't or won't help you, then I would contact Deere's customer service main number and ask them who you should be talking with. They will likely be able to direct you to someone who can help you. But I have a feeling, that won't be necessary.

Deere is pushing dealers very hard to consolidate. It reduces their cost of doing business by having large dealer groups and it also allows Deere to eliminate the small dealers which on their own, are marginally profitable for Deere to work with.

Its a shame when you have a terrible dealer as it makes the experience so unpleasant. Recently on another thread, there were a couple of Gtt members who insisted the dealers service department doesn't make a difference and you should always just seek the lowest price. Clearly, that's not an approach I believe in.......

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
I would contact the service manager at the "Good Dealer" and seek some guidance from them. Chances are they will know what to do to resolve your problems. Also, since they are now under the same ownership, this is a good opportunity for the good dealer to pull up the quality of the "other dealer". People who are good at customer service and technicians who are skilled and competent will do a great job regardless of the new affiliation with the "other dealer". Hopefully, the quality of the dealer you bought from will improve with this relationship.

But I would still contact the other dealer to try one more shot at resolving the issues before getting corporate involved. If the other dealer can't or won't help you, then I would contact Deere's customer service main number and ask them who you should be talking with. They will likely be able to direct you to someone who can help you. But I have a feeling, that won't be necessary.

Deere is pushing dealers very hard to consolidate. It reduces their cost of doing business by having large dealer groups and it also allows Deere to eliminate the small dealers which on their own, are marginally profitable for Deere to work with.

Its a shame when you have a terrible dealer as it makes the experience so unpleasant. Recently on another thread, there were a couple of Gtt members who insisted the dealers service department doesn't make a difference and you should always just seek the lowest price. Clearly, that's not an approach I believe in.......
Agreed!!!! Buying price only will usually end in disappointment.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I am familiar with the dealer the OP is involved with. Since their latest merger with another large dealership it has been mayhem I heard. Most of their stores couldn't even order parts thru Deere. Their accts were all screwed up. Low pay and high turn over rate in the shops has been a nightmare. If another shop is willing to do the work then that's what the OP needs to do.
Getting hold of an actual Deere rep can be trickey.. But one thing for sure.. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Calling in a lawyer or threats usually will end all future dealer discussion. I know at my dealer group if I didn't do it right, my azz is going to be taking care of it asap. Right then and there. Especially for stupid sheet.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts