Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK 1023, 1025 and 1026 owners, have any of you relocated the inline fuel filter to a position that is less of a PITA to change? I changed my 1025R inline filter yesterday for the third time. I am considering changing the location of the filter so it is located a few inches prior to the electric fuel pump.

Yesterday, to make replacement of the filter a little easier, I removed the fuel hose clamp to allow for some slack. This enabled actually sliding the filter back out of the floor board support to enable replacing. Now, it did take a little effort to get it out of the floor board support channel but was able to do it. Oh, I removed the floor board also. Sorry, I didn't get a picture.

Attachments

Reactions: johnH123

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Reactions: Levi and Tomfive

·
Registered
23,070 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post #25 this Thread

Inline Fuel Filter
Thanks Randy. I even did a search and didn't find this one. DAH!!! I tend to agree with the sediment thought. I guess I will let mine where it is and deal with it. I did replace the clamps with qualify hose clamps rather than the spring type. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Levi

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
I believe that Levi did the same thing as you - but his post is buried somewhere.......
Yah the filter can be a PITA. I didn't move the location of placement, just re-routed the line to go under the main foot support so I could get at it easier. So far I haven't had anything hit it or any other problems.

Reactions: Mr. Moose

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
My X540 fuel filter looked like a PITA to change. Until I realized without the oil filter on I could get my left hand on it.
Guess what will be done at the same time from here on out?

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yah the filter can be a PITA. I didn't move the location of placement, just re-routed the line to go under the main foot support so I could get at it easier. So far I haven't had anything hit it or any other problems.
I think this might be the best re-routing option. The filter is there for a reason, it is the lowest point in the fuel system, where contaminants will collect. Changing the filter to a higher point can cause clogs to develop at a lower point.

I do think it needs shut-off valves on either side.

Mr. Moose

Reactions: Levi and Ray_PA
1 - 8 of 8 Posts