Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy
I've been mowing and blowing snow with the same JD 400 for the past 35 years. What A Great Tractor!
About 6 years ago I re-powered her with a Briggs 24hp Vanguard to replace the tired old 19.9 kohler. That was a Great Upgrade! What a difference in Power and Far less fiddling around than with an old tired engine. It Was Worth Every Penny, Awesome Upgrade. I seriously considered purchasing a FEL for her, but decided her age, cat zero 3 point, and odd PTO RPM were too limiting.

Tomorrow morning a brand new 1025R is being delivered to ease her load. It's gonna take some getting used to to run the hydrostat with my foot, but right now i can't hardly wait for it to get here!
The TLB seems hard to find, but my local dealer said they would order the backhoe and mount it up for the same price as a factory one, so in a couple weeks they will pick it up again and install the hoe and stuff needed for it. Hope that goes as planned..

Making My Acreage Great Again! :usa

Justin

·
Registered
590 Posts
Congrats! You are soooo excited, you can't sleep!! :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
Congrats on your new tractor. I went thru the same thing last July. I had my 420 since September 1991 and after 26 years got my 1025r. You will see a lot of the old 400/420 in the 1025 but the foot control hydro is a big change and the power of the desiel is amazing. Enjoy your new tractor and hold on to your wallet. Good luck. :good2:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,261 Posts
Congrats! It's already doing it's job...keeping you up at night. :bigthumb: :lolol:

·
Super Moderator
8,041 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride::good2:

·
Administrator
20,668 Posts
Congrats on your new :greentractorride: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Congrats on your tractor purchase.

:wgtt:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
Congratulations Allclear. Good luck with it and welcome to GTT.
Pictures?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Congrats! You will adapt to the hydro controls in no time.
Yup, in like 5 minutes...

Congrats! Awesome Machine! BH adds plenty of ballast!

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Hi Justin and welcome from Southern Maryland. I also own a 1025R TLB, and your in for some fun & excitement! Hope to see some photos of delivery day! :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
5,534 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
14,712 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

:congrats::greentractorride:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's Here!!:yahoo:
It's Been a rainy, windy crappy day out, but still took her out and moved some piles of rock around. I put the steering knob on it too.
There is a lawyer in the seat, it shut the tractor off when I stood up to take a picture. Gonna have to do something about that!

Picture of Her. I'll get to know her a little before i give her a name.
New 1025R.jpg
No, she didn't leave the lawn looking like that, my other mower made that mess yesterday. Way Too wet to mow today.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts
It's Been a rainy, windy crappy day out, but still took her out and moved some piles of rock around. I put the steering knob on it too.
There is a lawyer in the seat, it shut the tractor off when I stood up to take a picture. Gonna have to do something about that!

View attachment 371057
No, she didn't leave the lawn looking like that, my other mower made that mess yesterday. Way Too wet to mow today.
Very cool! :thumbup1gif:
Get some weight on the rear.

·
Registered
590 Posts

View attachment 371057
Congratulations on your new friend! One quick question, what is the purpose of the gaps on the siding of the barn?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,261 Posts
Congratulations on your new friend! One quick question, what is the purpose of the gaps on the siding of the barn?
Corn crib. Where you put the corn that you pick. Whole ear not shelled.

Nice looking tractor Allclear! Them tractor lawyers will keep you on your toes. :laugh:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'll get to know her a little before i give her a name.QUOTE]

Allclear, congrats! Your excitement takes me back to the day mine showed up last April, and, quite frankly, the same feeling I still get everytime I get 'Barbie' out!!

Now, a little on 'Barbie'. My wife has an extensive Barbie collection and is always looking / buying cloths, accessories, etc. for her Barbies. SO, everytime I get something for Johnnie, I just say, "Barbie needs new clothes" or Barbie needs new shoes" :mocking:. Thus the name, "Barbie"! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts