Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever purchase the premium LED work light kit? Looks to be plug and play. The rear lighting would be extremely beneficial. I know I need to purchase the brush guard kit to mount the two ROPS lights.

·
Premium Member
13,911 Posts
Yes, lot of folks have purchased it. It plugs right into the existing harness. But... as nice as it is, it is WAY over priced compared to other LED lighting solutions. You can put together a kit yourself with brighter lights for less than 1/2 the price of the JD kit.

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anyone ever purchase the premium LED work light kit? Looks to be plug and play. The rear lighting would be extremely beneficial. I know I need to purchase the brush guard kit to mount the two ROPS lights.
Purchased the brush guards, a LED light bar for the top of the ROPS, and two little spots for the rear to mount on the guards. Way more light. Like daylight and the high angle washes over the loader boom.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the JD kit, and it was installed by the dealer before my 2025r was delivered. Great lights. A couple thoughts from my experience: With the LED lights you will immediately see how poor the standard factory headlights are and you may well want to swap out the bulbs to get rid of the yellow tinged lights mixing with the crisp white light of the work lights (GWT has done some YouTube videos on this); fender and ROPS mounted lights are durable and throw good light - but depending on the work being done and how one mounts or dismounts can result in the lights be bumped out of alignment from where you want the light, easily redirected though and don't move too easily; and a really high horizontally mounted ROPS light probably would be a good addition to flood an area for a general work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Purchased and received my lighting kit this week. I installed the ROPS lights and rear hitch light and they are extremely bright! I have them facing rearwards. I was missing the brackets to mount the fender lights. Called AHW and they are sending the missing brackets. All I need to do is purchase the led lights for the headlights from Good Works Tractors store on Amazon.

Reactions: trav

·
Premium Member
10,019 Posts
Glad you are happy with the lights. John Deere offers quality items and they are proud of their stuff. Having a factory harness is nice as nothing worse than cutting or splicing the wiring on anything new.

Keep in mind that when you are near the road or any traffic, the rear LED's tend to be very blinding to drivers. Actually, take your machine out in the driveway in the dark and turn on the lights like you were working with the machine. Now, back away about 150 feet and you will see just how blinding the lights can be. If you are working along the road or at the end of your driveway and are using your lights, you very well may want to switch off the rear lights until the vehicle passes.

One other thing about the very bright front and rear lights on the tractors, it makes the visibility of your machine when sideways to traffic very difficult. You may want to consider adding some reflective tape and flashing LED"s to make your machine more visible from the side. The LED's focus light forward and backward and leave the machine largely dark on the sides.

I added the 3M reflective DOT tape to my I Match vertical surfaces and also to my chain boxes. Anything to make your machine more visible could save your life. Here are pictures of my chain boxes with the DOT tape on them. This is extremely reflective to light and visible 1,000 feet away. Every little bit helps.
dottape1.jpg
dottape2.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts