Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Post Hole Digger made by King Kutter with a slip clutch and the Quicktach bit assembly for my 2016 1025r. I used it to build two decks this summer. Worked just fine. Problem is, I can't for the life of me get the bit off the gear box. I've chained a long break up bar (6 ft) to try and unwind it, and a few other things I could thing of. It's just screwed itself on so tight from using it, I don't know what to do. Any suggestions on how to unscrew the bit?

·
Premium Member
12,718 Posts
Is it possible to put some kind of bar through the auger shaft that you could wack with a sledge hammer? Thinking the shock may break it loose much the same way an impact gun does.

Reactions: smoffatt61

·
Super Moderator
5,196 Posts
I've never seen one that screws on. Mine has a 1" diameter stub on the bottom of the gear box. The auger slips over the stub ad then you line up a hole and slide a bolt through.

The King Kutter instructions say to use a big pipe wrench to unscrew it. I wonder how big that pipe wrench would need to be? :unknown:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it possible to put some kind of bar through the auger shaft that you could wack with a sledge hammer? Thinking the shock may break it loose much the same way an impact gun does.
I kind of tried that - with a long bar, chain wrapped tight and yanked and pulled (I am 200 lbs) to the point where the bar was bending. And nothing! I don't want to have a 12" drill bit on there forever, would like to swap with a 9" at some point!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never seen one that screws on. Mine has a 1" diameter stub on the bottom of the gear box. The auger slips over the stub ad then you line up a hole and slide a bolt through.

The King Kutter instructions say to use a big pipe wrench to unscrew it. I wonder how big that pipe wrench would need to be? :unknown:
It does screw on for sure - I think I can get a pipe wrench on at the top, will definitely try that but the only thing holding it in place is the PTO shaft attached to the 1025r so don't want to damage that!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Are you turning it in the correct direction? It's not reverse threaded is it?:dunno:

Reactions: Tractor Tim
1 - 9 of 9 Posts