Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
500 hours on the machine and the tranny is leaking any tips or advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
581 Posts
This is the last series of posts about transmission leaks that started 2 weeks ago.

And another one before that from 6 weeks ago.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This is the last series of posts about transmission leaks that started 2 weeks ago.

And another one before that from 6 weeks ago.

Thanks - looks like i’m still within the powertrain warranty, so I’ll take full advantage of Deere picking up the repair bill if seals are included - which i tend to doubt..

·
Premium Member
11,950 Posts
Thanks - looks like i’m still within the powertrain warranty, so I’ll take full advantage of Deere picking up the repair bill

Make sure to report back after you contact the dealer and also, when they are done with the repairs, as it would be helpful to see the repair order details to see if these leaks all have a common source. Your machines leak looks to be up fairly high, maybe the actual pump gasket or the seal on the input shaft.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Why do people post pictures of dirt?? It would take about 10 minutes to spray brake cleaner or engine de-greaser on the area after which you could probably pin point the leak and take a meaningful picture. From what I see it could be a leaking fitting above the transmission or anything else for that matter.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Why do people post pictures of dirt?? It would take about 10 minutes to spray brake cleaner or engine de-greaser on the area ...
Agreed. Can't see "THE" leak, I can only see that there is, or was, at least "A" leak at some point in time.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hersh, First, clean area with parts cleaner, start tractor and run a bit. Try to identify EXACTLY where the leak is, then go to your dealer. KNOWING what's leaking could save you $$$. I don't know if your dealer is reputable, but he may say (??), 'Got a sucker here! He needs hydro seal, axle seals, probably engine real seal. That'll be $2000 Thank You!' I can also be wrong and he'll say, 'No charge, it's covered under warrantee. Until YOU know the problem, you're at the mercy of the dealer. I trust mine, but have also heard horror stories about others! Bob

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all - i snapped the pice and did not have time to clean the area. Will get to it this weekend. Bad news about the deere powertrain warranty - it does not include seals/gaskets! Only the items INSIDE the case. A bit aggravating to learn this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts