Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like 99% of the 1025r length threads and for TLB. I do not have a backhoe and am looking for a trailer. I am nowhere near my 1025r for the foreseeable future, otherwise I would do this myself.

If someone could provide the following lengths it would be greatly appreciated:

1) Tip of loader bucket to end of ballast box.
2) tip of loader to end of rotary mower.
3) tip of front suitcase weights to end of rotary mower.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
711 Posts
It seems like 99% of the 1025r length threads and for TLB. I do not have a backhoe and am looking for a trailer. I am nowhere near my 1025r for the foreseeable future, otherwise I would do this myself.

Thanks in advance!
Don't buy a trailer less than 16 ft. An 18 footer will give you all the room you'd ever need. I could give you measurements, but I don't have anything mounted to the tractor at this moment.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
That's what I was afraid of. So much for this great deal of a 14 footer
i have a 16fter-and i have a 2520-if i load the brush hog with the loader on, in order to shut the gate, i have to haul it with the loader in the air, now i don't go very far, but still.

so last spring my boy found a 18 ft car hauler---was way nicer, no rails on the sides, no gate on the rear, but i hated to drag them ramps out from underneath the trailer each time i hauled something, so the boy decided to make a set of fold up ramps--:yahoo:with helper springs on them too. they are still laying their in pieces-oh.:empathy:

:banghead: he then thought we should turn the boards upside down, make a tool box(my idea-every trailer should have a tool box) i wanted rub rails on it, so he welded them on, but didn't install anymore stake pockets. well that didn't sit well with me, so................the rebuild had stalled since late last fall. i just looked at it today, sitting there waiting on it to be finished.:munch:

if u got the truck to haul it-go to town and buy urself a 20 ft tilt deck, i'm about there myself. no worries then for sure:laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
That's what I was afraid of. So much for this great deal of a 14 footer
I have a 14’ trailer. To haul the tractor with the FEL and BH mounted, the BH has to be swing off to the side or leave the bucket in the air. If you plan to haul fits with the FEL and brush hog, you are going to need an 18’ trailer, for sure nothing less than 16’. I have mine but if I replace it, I will go with 18’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
Isn't a std. garage 20' deep? I have a 16' and it's close, but the door will go up and down but I have to step over the tongue. Plus, a longer trailer will tow better. I wouldn't want a single axle trailer either.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

Thanks in advance!
Swiver,

Just measured mine for you. With the bucket curled all the way up and resting on the ground, it measures exactly 13' 1" from tip of bucket to end of ballast box. As you can see, that measurement includes a JD iMatch.

When I have my box blade and bucket attached, I can fit the rig on my 14' Sure-Trac with 1" to spare. That being said, as others are saying, you probably need at least an 18" trailer when transporting with your rotary mower and bucket attached.

Hope this helps in your decision. :dunno:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts