Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all;

I think I have an issue with the lift linkage on my 1025R.

It appears as though I have some slop in the keyway on the chute side on the lift linkage.
When I lower the deck to the set height the chute side of the deck continued beyond the set point by roughly .5 of an inch.
This gives me an uneven cut
This is consistent with the sloppy keyway, I wound think this is not normal.
Is this a common wear point on this model, I have a 2019 with 110 hrs on it.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,234 Posts
What keyway are you referring to?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What keyway are you referring to?
On the lift linkage shaft that transverse the width on the tractor that has the small lift lever on each end that in turn has the turnbuckles for leveling the deck is what I am referring to.
When I remove the deck and lower the lift arms down, the right-hand lift has slop in the keyway that keeps both lift arms even with one another across that shaft.

Hope this isn't too convoluted and gives you an idea of what's going on.

Thanx for the response.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,234 Posts
I thought the assembly with the lift arms was welded. Height is controlled by the turnbuckles.

·
Registered
568 Posts
On the lift linkage shaft that transverse the width on the tractor that has the small lift lever on each end that in turn has the turnbuckles for leveling the deck is what I am referring to.
When I remove the deck and lower the lift arms down, the right-hand lift has slop in the keyway that keeps both lift arms even with one another across that shaft.

Hope this isn't too convoluted and gives you an idea of what's going on.

Thanx for the response.

Mine does the same thing. I level the deck with it in a "lowered position" and move on, there are some other threads on here with others that experience this. I don't think there is a solution. I notice it more when I lower the deck, the left side hits a stop before the right side. When its raised full height, I'm not mowing so I don't care. When I lower it down, it needs to sit level. As long as I can achieve that, I'm not going to read into it much. I'm not on my 3rd mowing season like this...

Reactions: raidermc01

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine does the same thing. I level the deck with it in a "lowered position" and move on, there are some other threads on here with others that experience this. I don't think there is a solution. I notice it more when I lower the deck, the left side hits a stop before the right side. When its raised full height, I'm not mowing so I don't care. When I lower it down, it needs to sit level. As long as I can achieve that, I'm not going to read into it much. I'm not on my 3rd mowing season like this...
You would think they would have a better solution than what is implemented LOL

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1025R
994 Posts
I wonder if its worth tack welding it to the shaft hmmm
Why bother? Mine is like that too. I just have the adjustment turnbuckle shorter on the chute side. I also cut off about 1/2" of the threads at the end so that it doesn't protrude too far out the other side of the cam/nut and bind up.

Best,

·
Registered
568 Posts
I wonder if its worth tack welding it to the shaft hmmm
nah, just think of it this way, if you have to roll over a root or uneven ground use the right side since it has more movement range of movement. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,234 Posts
Can you tell if it's the key itself that's bad, or is the shaft and/or lift arm worn where the key sits?

·
Super Moderator
4,062 Posts
Mark, this is the lever of the discussion. It's got a square key and retrained by a snap ring, as mentioned. I believe it's like that to allow installation/removal of the lift shaft that transverses side to side?

I first noticed mine a couple years ago, that the lift levers that the eyebolts ride on weren't at the same height off the floor. 10 minutes of investigation, I said screw it, wasn't worth tearing apart to find out there's nothing to be done, outside of cutting and welding. I set the mower at the desired cut height and leveled the deck. The turnbuckles are at different lengths, but it doesn't effect anything.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Tire

Reactions: MarkEagleUSA

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mark, this is the lever of the discussion. It's got a square key and retrained by a snap ring, as mentioned. I believe it's like that to allow installation/removal of the lift shaft that transverses side to side?

I first noticed mine a couple years ago, that the lift levers that the eyebolts ride on weren't at the same height off the floor. 10 minutes of investigation, I said screw it, wasn't worth tearing apart to find out there's nothing to be done, outside of cutting and welding. I set the mower at the desired cut height and leveled the deck. The turnbuckles are at different lengths, but it doesn't effect anything.

View attachment 847160
What year is your tractor?
Mine looks different,same concept however

·
Super Moderator
4,062 Posts
What year is your tractor?
Mine looks different,same concept however

That's weird. The 2014 & 2019 use the same part. Matter of fact, it's the same from 2011 through early 2020. Then they changed the entire deck lift system for mid-2020 and up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

That's weird. The 2014 & 2019 use the same part. Matter of fact, it's the same from 2011 through early 2020. Then they changed the entire deck lift system for mid-2020 and up.
Your part is painted, mine is not.
I am going to pop the snap ring off and inspect the keyway for poops and giggles.
I will take a picture over the weekend and post it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine lowers more in the right side also. I just chalked it up to the height knob being on the left. It's a machine. There are tolerances. As others have stated, just make sure to level it with it resting on the height adjustment control. My dealer said they leveled my deck before it was delivered. It was off almost 3/4 of an inch when I checked it on level concrete. Right side was higher. I'm assuming they leveled it without setting it down on the height control mechanism.

·
Registered
2020 1025R
994 Posts
Mine lowers more in the right side also. I just chalked it up to the height knob being on the left. It's a machine. There are tolerances. As others have stated, just make sure to level it with it resting on the height adjustment control. My dealer said they leveled my deck before it was delivered. It was off almost 3/4 of an inch when I checked it on level concrete. Right side was higher. I'm assuming they leveled it without setting it down on the height control mechanism.
I am convinced that nobody paid attention to leveling mine. It isn't hard and it isn't rocket science. We are seeing laziness at the "tip of the spear" where product is delivered to customers.

I'm annoyed, but I can't say I'm surprised. When I buy another piece of heavy equipment, this will be something I remember.

Best,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts