Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2016 1025r with a loader and fork lift but I put my garden tractor on a pallet to put it away for the winter. The garden tractor is 596lbs, it was all it could do to pick it up 2 feet and that was it. When I looked at the spec's before I bought it and found this JD video that says it could lift 1110 lbs what gives? The pressure knob is turned up all the way. Its been at the deal for 1 week and they are trying to tell me that its ok. What happened to the 1100lbs it is suppose to lift 71 inches?

·
Registered
384 Posts
That value is probably at the pivot point and not with forks or any other attachments farther out from that point.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Tractor companies like throwing these numbers around, but then they put the important details in fine print. It’s all about the location of the load. If you had all that weight up against the backstop of your pallet forks, you would have lifted it no problem. Every inch you get away from the backstop and further down those tines, the less weight you can lift. We all have to deal with it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
yep. its confusing. You have to factor in the weight of your implement with anything you lift. Your forks probably weigh about 300lbs. So that "1100lbs" is 800lbs right off the bat. Then you've got your 600lb tractor plus the pallet which is say 30/40lbs.. Now you've used 930lbs of that available "1100lbs". Then factor in that much of that weight is hanging way out front of the pivot point which is where the 1100lbs is measured from in the first place. So that remaining 170lbs of lift capacity is all but neutralized. I'm sure you get it but to illustrate the effect. Stick your own arms straight out and hang a 40lb weight or whatever off them right at your shoulder and hold it for 30 seconds. No problem right?. Now with your arms straight out, hang the weight off your wrist and try holding it like that for 30 seconds. That's what happens to your tractors lift capacity when more and more weight is out front. I recently bought a 60" rear blower for this winter and it was all I could do to get the unit out of the bed of my truck. It weighs about 500lbs - the over sized pallet it was on weighed at least 75lbs and my forks weigh 315lbs. The truck bed is about 3ft high and it was all the tractor had to get it up just enough to back it off the truck because so much of the weight was hanging way out front on the pallet.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,485 Posts
What is this pressure knob you are referring to?
Inquiring minds want to know ^^^^^^^:dunno:

Plus, 1100#, unsure where you got that number from, I do know there are conflicting numbers in different JD literature but it's more like 500# +/- 24" in front of hinge. So if you factor in that you had 596 possibly further out front than that I'd say your lift was pretty close to par.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Reactions: Yank

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
... What happened to the 1100lbs it is suppose to lift 71 inches?
It never existed. The 1,100lbs you are probably referring to is a video where they show it lifting a digital scale that is anchored to the ground. That was the max lift at ground level - and it was well above their published lift capacity. The higher you lift, the lower the lift capacity, that is due to the geometry of the loader - all FELs are like that.

Already mentioned is the fact that max lift ability is usually specified at the pins which would be at least two feet further inboard than the center of gravity of the garden tractor you were trying to lift. The published lift capacity is something like 800 lbs, and that is definitely not to full height.

Lifting a 636+ lb garden tractor (including pallet) up to two feet high is a real good indication that your loader is performing better than it's listed specs.

Reactions: keane and Jeff B
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.