Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am about to finalize purchase of a new 1025r :greentractorride: with 120 FEL, 60" mmm, 54" Snow blower and Mauser cab and while at the dealer was shown one they were putting together with the cab. My question is what Diesel can folks are using with the Mauser cab. It looks like the filler cap is pretty far in there and I am not sure what can to get that has a long enough spout. I prefer not to use a funnel but if no one can reccomend a decent can, I will. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A VP racing fuel jug is highly recommended. Available in square and round to suit your hauling and storing needs. Available in several colors but I recommend the bright yellow. Add the optional hose kit (big flexible hose with a filter and threaded cap). Note: these are fuel cans for racing fuel and are not EPA certified. That means they have no safety levers or locks and seals. They are however quality enough to hold almost 6 gallons of your favorite fuel including nitromethane. Check Summit Racing.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am about to finalize purchase of a new 1025r :greentractorride: with 120 FEL, 60" mmm, 54" Snow blower and Mauser cab and while at the dealer was shown one they were putting together with the cab. My question is what Diesel can folks are using with the Mauser cab. It looks like the filler cap is pretty far in there and I am not sure what can to get that has a long enough spout. I prefer not to use a funnel but if no one can reccomend a decent can, I will. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I use this extension kit from Tractor Supply Co.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,578 Posts
I just got this. 24.98 gallons to the bottom of the fill neck, if filled while standing up.

71yveKSPCVL._SY879_.jpg

Amazon link: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07BFMNDFB/ref=dp_cerb_2

And the Mrs. just got me this to add to it, though I haven't put it on yet. She actually got it from HomeDepot.com. Gas-N-Go part number GG-PRK13, Roughneck part number 41360. They're both the same.

412YYGJ-z+L.jpg

Generic picture of what it looks like put together

596028a2-7c0c-49d8-9714-2e4ae0a81b2f.__CR0,0,2000,2000_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
Nice better then 4-5 GI Cans to get the same amount. I just gave mine away to a friend since I now have the 150 gal one to fill up out of. One trip for fuel per winter/year so far using it. I had a hard time getting the 30 gal one out of my truck bed. The 150 gal one I use the tractor forks to lift it in and out since it weights around 1,500 lbs full of Diesel Fuel. 100_2256.JPG

Way better then filling 30 - 5 gal GI Cans and one trip to town for it!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have the Mauser cab and your smart to be concerned. The first can I bought before having the cab installed and it worked fine because I could put it on the corner of my Rangers box and put the hose in and squeeze the trigger, no mess, no fuss. With the cab on impossible. The second photo (VP) is doable but it’s awkward to hold A full can high enough to empty properly. The last time I used it there was a number of drops of fuel that ended up on my jacket. Washed three times and the smell was still there. Washed a fourth time with some Mechanics detergent and it was finally gone. I’ve found they make a little pump specifically for the VP can that costs $70 but I haven’t decided to make that purchase yet. My new plan is to load the tractor on my trailer and drive the 3 miles to Fleet Farm for fuel or to just fill the VP can 1/2 full and see if that is more manageable. Summertime, no question, onto the trailer and off to Fleet Farm.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Problem I have had with the funnel is not knowing how full I am, the gauge in the fuel tank is not accurate. I was moving some fuel from one of my drums that was not emptied by the transfer pump. I had 7-8 gallons remaining, and used a 6 gallon can to empty the fuel from the drum into the tractor and wound up over filling the tank even though the fuel gauge said I was not full. The funnel prevented me from seeing the level in the tank and made a small mess in the barn. I still have the remaining 3-4 gallons from the drum in the can and will make sure when I add that to the tractor, I am at the 1/8 tank level before I use the funnel again, that way I have no chance of overfilling the tank. Normally I use a 120 Volt Transfer Pump mounted to 30 gallon barrels to fill my tractor from. The problem was than I was using a 55 gallon barrel and my pump pickup did not fully reach the bottom to drain the remaining fuel in the drum and I had to manually dump that fuel into the 6 gallon can and then into the tractor. I probably collapsed the pickup tube as I was putting it into the larger drum and could not see it was a problem because that drum is not translucent where I could see the pickup. Besides the 30 gallon drums are easier to handle with the bucket and Pick-up truck. I am getting to old and frail to move that much weight anymore.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,310 Posts
I really like the fact you are thinking ahead about this issue as it is a problem......

I have two older style 6 gallon square diesel jugs which have a stiff plastic filler neck on them which works PERFECTLY for adding the fuel to the tractor. I have the VP Fuel jugs and really like them for handling and storing fuel and filling every other piece of equipment I own but not the Deere with Mauser cab.

Personally, the large clear plastic tube on the VP fuel jugs makes it hard to see the actual fuel level in the tank when filling, where the hard plastic fillers I use work great and I can see the fuel level in the tank as I fill it. Sorry I don't have a picture of it, I will try to take one next time out there.

So, I always transfer fuel from the other jugs into the 6 gallon plastic jugs, and I screen the fuel when I transfer it. It's amazing the crud which it has stopped over the years which went into the fuel jugs at the fuel pumps. I use racing fuel funnels which have brass mesh screens in them and have two different sizes.

One other thing I did which makes adding fuel MUCH EASIER was I installed a LED light into the fuel filling area which is wired into the operating lights so when the lights are on, the fuel fill area is illuminated. I used to hold a flashlight and the fuel jug and try to see what was going on, but I just thought the light in the housing area would be easier and its wonderful.

The lights in the fuel fill area are on when the lights are on, they are wired into the rear operational lights. Just make sure to not position the light where its going to be in the way with any type of fuel filler you might end up using and also so its not ugly on the inside of the cab as you have to mount it on the fuel fill area cover which is inside the cab.

Here is the light I added, it's off the back side of the housing so its not obvious in the cab and the wires are out of sight as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AFU4QD6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is another one I also bought which would work, just that this light is more directional than the other light.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F7KF4VP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Premium Member
9,310 Posts
I just got this. 24.98 gallons to the bottom of the fill neck, if filled while standing up.

Amazon link: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07BFMNDFB/ref=dp_cerb_2

And the Mrs. just got me this to add to it, though I haven't put it on yet. She actually got it from HomeDepot.com. Gas-N-Go part number GG-PRK13, Roughneck part number 41360. They're both the same.

Generic picture of what it looks like put together

Kyle, I will be interested to hear how your like this fuel caddy and pump after some time of use. I have read both good and bad and would trust your opinion, verses some of the YaHOO'S out there that complain about the product when they are using it incorrectly or the review is negative because the shipping box was the wrong color (or who knows what.....).

How do you get it in and out of the transport vehicle, with your FEL? It's got to be close to 250 pounds when full.........or does your lovely Mrs. lift it for you...? :hide::laugh: (No, I am not implying anything......)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have this pump and it is the best thing since sliced bread. Can't imagine why people do not like it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

How long have you had the pump? I’ve been looking at it for months but I returned a different style one from the same company that worked poorly. Can you use it in something other than racing jugs or is the intake too long?

·
Super Moderator
2,578 Posts
Kyle, I will be interested to hear how your like this fuel caddy and pump after some time of use. I have read both good and bad and would trust your opinion, verses some of the YaHOO'S out there that complain about the product when they are using it incorrectly or the review is negative because the shipping box was the wrong color (or who knows what.....).

How do you get it in and out of the transport vehicle, with your FEL? It's got to be close to 250 pounds when full.........or does your lovely Mrs. lift it for you...? :hide::laugh: (No, I am not implying anything......)
I will post a review when I get some use of it and an idea of how well it works. It is hard to tell from some of the online reviews. I've seen some pretty positive ones which make me think that the negative ones may be from those that may be expecting too much.

You're right, it's pretty heavy when full. I have a small shop stand on casters that's just big enough for the caddy to sit on. When I back the truck into the barn, but leave the front tires outside on the ground, the height of the tailgate is about an inch lower than the shop stand, and I can roll the caddy onto the stand. The height of the stand is a little taller than the tractor so I was hoping the fuel would flow out easily.

I got the caddy filled and onto the stand, then the Mrs. got me the pump. :banghead: I haven't had to fill the tractor yet as it still has a full tank. I think I'm going to get the caddy back into the truck and strap it to a small pallet I have, and unload it with the FEL. Once I get it back on the ground I can put the pump on. I think it'll be better that way.

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
When I was using my 30 Gal Caddy I would try to be close to empty on the tractor and just top it off then lift it off the bed. Then I added a couple 5 gal cans back in the mix. I like the plastic Caddy for my Generator. I have a 10 gal boat tank to keep full it runs off of.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts