Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
It seems maybe your maximum lift maybe set too high. When you lift too high, the mower hits the stops but the linkage continues to travel upwards. This *can* cause this issue, but without seeing your tractor or having more details, this is just a guess on my part.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there anything I can take a picture of that would help?

At this point I am very frustrated with this tractor. This will be the third time since delivery in February that it had been in the shop for some sort of mid PTO problem.

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
Can you see if anything under the tractor looks like it's been continually hit by the carrier bearing or associated linkage as the mower is raised into the under belly of the tractor? You may see some scarring or scratches. You could see it on top of the bearing or linkage itself.

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
Has your mower been adjusted properly? Have you ever checked it yourself?

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
That looks like the outside of the frame. We need to inspect the areas where the linkage would hit and under the tractor where the bearing rides up into. If the linkage hits and binds, you should see some evidence of it.

It looks like the ends of the carrier bearing bracket was sheared off. Was there anything those ends could have contacted?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was the inside of the frame. I started the tractor up and moved the linkage to the full up and I don't see it contacting anything. This is exactly what happened last time. The carrier bracket bolts were sheared off.

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
Are you using the mower as a step or hitting the mower at an angle while mowing?

Not trying to sound like a butt here, just have to ask.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dieselshadow - you're not going to offend me or come off as a butt. Just glad you are here to help!

I never step in the deck.... And I don't recall hitting anything with the deck.

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
It does look like the carrier bracket has hit the frame causing it to shear. If the pictures you just posted are from full lift, than I suspect you're doing some off-camber mowing forcing the left side up? Maybe it was hit?

Again, not trying to be a butt, just trying to help figure out what's happening.

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
I see you have independent lift. Can you have an assistant raise the mower linkage while you inspect to see how high it goes?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for your help. My land is not level, but I mow in low range.... Just not sure. Doesn't seem like it should break that easily? Here's a shot of what I mow. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412539029.038388.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412539050.005879.jpg

As you can see no huge Hills or anything. I guess I'll drop it off at the dealer this week. Thanks again for your help.

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
Your land looks pretty flat. I have a ditch that if I'm not careful, will shove the mower up into the tractor. But it also causes the anti-scalp wheels to drag and dig along with the edge of the mower digging in. So you should notice if you have a spot similar to my ditch.

I'm kinda thinking out loud and trying to cover any and all bases so if someone else reads this thread having the same issue may also find the issue.

I still suspect your mower is lifting too high. How big is the gap in the height cam and the mid rock shaft at full lift? If that gap is larger than about 1/4", you're lifting too high.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412539766.246937.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,110 Posts
Your land looks pretty flat. I have a ditch that if I'm not careful, will shove the mower up into the tractor. But it also causes the anti-scalp wheels to drag and dig along with the edge of the mower digging in. So you should notice if you have a spot similar to my ditch.

I'm kinda thinking out loud and trying to cover any and all bases so if someone else reads this thread having the same issue may also find the issue.

I still suspect your mower is lifting too high. How big is the gap in the height cam and the mid rock shaft at full lift? If that gap is larger than about 1/4", you're lifting too high.

View attachment 33521
I agree seems like it is lifting too high, yard doesn't seem to be the trouble..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Love my 1025R but have been completely let down by my dealers service department. They have had my tractor since October 8th for an engine oil change and to replace the mid PTO auto connect assembly.

This is the 3rd trip for service and each trip has been 2 weeks or longer.

I'm just very frustrated and needed to vent! I'm going to contact my salesman tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts