Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

New to the forums so I apologize if this has been discussed before (if that's the case please just direct me there!)

Got a 1025R with 60 inch deck and FEL. This is my first SCUT (upgraded from a push mower actually due to purchasing some land). This thing is an absolute joy to mow with.

So far I've only had one problem. I am mowing on maybe the 2nd to 3rd highest setting and I still feel like the cut is pretty short. It makes me think if I actually put the thing on Medium I'd have "Putting Green" grass and anything lower than that would literally cut the grass off completely and leave me with a beautiful dirt field. Even just mowing once a week I'm leaving enough grass clippings that I'm concerned about it covering the grass and killing it off.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've reached out to the store where I purchased but haven't heard back from them yet so I thought I'd try here. The positive reviews I read on this and other sites of the 1025 convinced me to go with it, and I have not regretted it at all yet.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
With my tires filled to their max I am able to get a little better than 4" of cut height in the highest setting (not in the lock setting).

·
Registered
523 Posts
Mine seems to cut lower than I THINK it says. I have been on HIGH but it's still pretty short in my opinion. I am going to play with settings between HIGH and LOCK to see where that puts me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cut height

It's all relative to how the dealer/previous owner set it up. I checked my 60D the other day for the first time after mowing a couple times. With the height selector on "H" my mower is cutting at 3 3/4". If I put it on the "lock" (all the way up) position it is 4" plus.

I live on 4 acres with trees that tend to give me dense and not so dense grass. I usually try to mow at 3" by summer.

I recommend you get a John Deere height gauge to verify your mower and learn how to adjust it. One setting I tend to forget about is the equalization of the tire pressures. One other variable is weights. The weights can adjust the setting of the tractor.

I upgraded from a 455 with the 60" deck and I will tell you this deck and tractor mow much better than the old unit. It even turns sharper. I love mine!!

:good2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts