Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of us consider the mower deck for our tractors, specifically those with sub compacts. While it is a good option for some folks, I explain in this video why I think a standalone mower is a better option if you want a nice lawn. I also show the mower I went with and how I get it ready for the spring season. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler Town & Country
152 Posts
A lot of us consider the mower deck for our tractors, specifically those with sub compacts. While it is a good option for some folks, I explain in this video why I think a standalone mower is a better option if you want a nice lawn. I also show the mower I went with and how I get it ready for the spring season. Enjoy!

I purchased a 60 MMM when i purchased my 1025R and i have never used it. I just couldn't see myself putting it on and off every time i needed to mow. Thanks Kent

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased a 60 MMM when i purchased my 1025R and i have never used it. I just couldn't see myself putting it on and off every time i needed to mow. Thanks Kent
I think many of us are in agreement. What a pain they must be. That being said, I understand their purpose. You would think they would be cheaper though. I still have sticker shock and I priced it when I bought my 1025R years ago :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think many of us are in agreement. What a pain they must be. That being said, I understand their purpose. You would think they would be cheaper though. I still have sticker shock and I priced it when I bought my 1025R years ago :ROFLMAO:
Yeah i bought mine in 2018 and the deck was 3K and here in Canada we pay 15% sales tax. I don't know what i was thinking? The deck just sits in the pallet racking with a bed sheet over it. LOL Not one of my better ideas Kent

Reactions: Cook

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah i bought mine in 2018 and the deck was 3K and here in Canada we pay 15% sales tax. I don't know what i was thinking? The deck just sits in the pallet racking with a bed sheet over it. LOL Not one of my better ideas Kent
Why wouldn't you sell it? Are you just holding onto it for resell of the tractor. If I don't use or plan to use something I get rid of it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
152 Posts
Why wouldn't you sell it? Are you just holding onto it for resell of the tractor. If I don't use or plan to use something I get rid of it.

Good question. I really don't have an answer for you Bill2. I don't think my Sons are as crazy over garden tractors as me, and who ever ends up with my 1035R might want to drive over the deck and cut grass. Its not taking any harm there. If i needed a belt or gearbox for my x748 deck i have replacement parts on hand.LOL Kent

Reactions: Bill2

·
Registered
158 Posts
Good question. I really don't have an answer for you Bill2. I don't think my Sons are as crazy over garden tractors as me, and who ever ends up with my 1035R might want to drive over the deck and cut grass. Its not taking any harm there. If i needed a belt or gearbox for my x748 deck i have replacement parts on hand.LOL Kent
Nice, nothing wrong with that. I still have my old ZT, I have to work on it for 2 hours for ever hour of mowing. I am still hanging onto it. I am new to the tractor world, don't even have a grass cutting season on it yet. I will say the MMM did an awesome job scalping down my bermuda, it would have choked down my ZT. Time with the MMM might change my opinion for the better or worse.

·
Premium Member
15,970 Posts
There seem to be a lot of folks who spend big bucks on the MMM thinking they will mow with the tractor only to find out it doesn't work for them. When my brother was shopping for a used SCUT it was very difficult to find one without a MMM. He already has a ZTR and wasn't about to pay extra for MMM he had no plans to use.

It eventually paid off for him as he located a 2-year old machine without a MMM with only 9 hrs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
” ...if you want a nice lawn” kinda rubs me the wrong way.

I have a small “yard” plus acres of pasture, and it all gets mowed by the MMM.

I guess my local yard police aren’t as strict as those at Cook’s.
cancel me :ROFLMAO:

in all seriousness, if you have a nice lawn now using the 1025r, imagine how much nicer it would be using a lighter machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts