Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2021 1025R with a 120R loaded (auto Leveling) and a 54D auto connect mower. All the videos I watched on removing the mower deck is done with the loaded still installed. For some reason I am not able to do this, the connect on the mower hits the Loader stand (see red arrow on image) and the arm is to high (image Mower2) and will get stuck on the loader stand. It is almost like my tractor is to low. Is anyone else having this issue?

I did follow all the required steps - Install position, unlatch mower deck wheels . . .

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire
Water Wood Gas Composite material Machine
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Grass Agricultural machinery

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,233 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2021 1025R with a 120R loaded (auto Leveling) and a 54D auto connect mower. All the videos I watched on removing the mower deck is done with the loaded still installed. For some reason I am not able to do this, the connect on the mower hits the Loader stand (see red arrow on image) and the arm is to high (image Mower2) and will get stuck on the loader stand. It is almost like my tractor is to low. Is anyone else having this issue?

I did follow all the required steps - Install position, unlatch mower deck wheels . . .

View attachment 812158 View attachment 812159 View attachment 812160
The pic of the mower deck shows the gage wheels locked in the top position making the deck sit off the ground. Is that the position you had it in to uninstall?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pic of the mower deck shows the gage wheels locked in the top position making the deck sit off the ground. Is that the position you had it in to uninstall?
No, the gage wheels was unlocked and the mower deck was flat on the ground (sorry I took these photos after putting my mower away for the season)

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,233 Posts
I have the same machine and deck and have not had any problem installing or removing the deck with the loader attached. Makes me think the setup on your deck is not correct.

Reactions: Pigpen

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same machine and deck and have not had any problem installing or removing the deck with the loader attached. Makes me think the setup on your deck is not correct.
I agree, either something is not setup correctly on the mower deck or with the loader, Loader stand is about 2in the low. I added a 2x4 an each side then I was able to uninstall the deck.
Do you have a side pic of your mower deck showing the height the the connecting arm (the 2nd img on my post)

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,233 Posts
Reactions: Hoosier Daddy

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,233 Posts
I agree, either something is not setup correctly on the mower deck or with the loader, Loader stand is about 2in the low. I added a 2x4 an each side then I was able to uninstall the deck.
Do you have a side pic of your mower deck showing the height the the connecting arm (the 2nd img on my post)
I don't have a pic handy and the deck is currently attached (leaf season). Where did you use the 2x4's?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have a pic handy and the deck is currently attached (leaf season). Where did you use the 2x4's?
I added 2x4 at the front and back so as you backup the front wheels will go on the 2x4 (small ramp) and lift the tractor higher and then as the front wheels go off the deck I added 2x4 to keep the tractor higher so the Loader stand miss the PTO connector on the deck

·
Registered
2021 1025R - 120R - 7-iron 54D - 647 Tiller
25 Posts
I also have a 2021 with the new 54D and ran into this issue as well. Although I thought I just needed a little more 'oomph' to get the tractor up onto the deck and ended up bending the limiting bracket that holds the front draft links down while off the tractor. I'm unsure if it was loose and causing it to lift too high, but since replacing I have not yet had the issue again. I ended up having to use a piece of scrap wood to bridge the gap to keep the draft arm from wedging between the loader and tractor.

I'm very curious to see what the actual cause may be.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also have a 2021 with the new 54D and ran into this issue as well. Although I thought I just needed a little more 'oomph' to get the tractor up onto the deck and ended up bending the limiting bracket that holds the front draft links down while off the tractor. I'm unsure if it was loose and causing it to lift too high, but since replacing I have not yet had the issue again. I ended up having to use a piece of scrap wood to bridge the gap to keep the draft arm from wedging between the loader and tractor.

that is exactly what happened to me had to replace the bracket. Luckily no other damage but I will like to get this resolved

·
Registered
189 Posts
Set your deck all the way down on a flat level surface (concrete/pavement), then measure from the surface to the bottom of the front bar on the draft arm. Next, park your tractor on the same surface, then measure from the surface to the bottom of the "hooks" on the front of the tractor. Compare the two measurements, should be no more than about a half inch difference. Sounds like your front bar is set way too high.

·
Registered
2021 1025R
129 Posts
I literally just went through this two nights ago with my brand new 1025r and 54d auto deck. The decks after mid 2020 are now the style that the 2025 has had. And when not adjusted correctly from the dealer the draft links can get stuck on the loader park stand. I completely destroyed the up stop bracket that is supposed to keep the draft links from going up to high, bent the large pin that holds the spring tensioner in, and maybe even twisted the actual draft link. Service manager came by and looked at it and said yup, doesn't look like it was set up right, that it should be able to come off with the loader still on. Parts are being ordered and covered and then he's coming back himself to install and readjust the deck. So I'm happy for that part.
Green Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas

Hood Motor vehicle Sleeve Material property Automotive design

Reactions: Frago

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I literally just went through this two nights ago with my brand new 1025r and 54d auto deck. The decks after mid 2020 are now the style that the 2025 has had. And when not adjusted correctly from the dealer the draft links can get stuck on the loader park stand. I completely destroyed the up stop bracket that is supposed to keep the draft links from going up to high, bent the large pin that holds the spring tensioner in, and maybe even twisted the actual draft link. Service manager came by and looked at it and said yup, doesn't look like it was set up right, that it should be able to come off with the loader still on. Parts are being ordered and covered and then he's coming back himself to install and readjust the deck. So I'm happy for that part. View attachment 812205
View attachment 812206
I need to contact my dealer - I did twist the draft link - when I took the draft link off and put it flat on the ground the one arm is about 0.25 off the ground - definitely twisted

·
Registered
75 Posts
Your parking stand looks too low. There is a spacer/eccentric behind the nuts that hold the stand to the loader masts. If you remove the nuts, you should see the arrow on the spacer pointing up. If it's pointing down, that's setup for a 2025R. If the arrow is pointing up, call your dealer; they may have to replace the loader stand.

Reactions: stevenk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your parking stand looks too low. There is a spacer/eccentric behind the nuts that hold the stand to the loader masts. If you remove the nuts, you should see the arrow on the spacer pointing up. If it's pointing down, that's setup for a 2025R. If the arrow is pointing up, call your dealer; they may have to replace the loader stand.

Great - I will look at mine - hopefully the spacer was installed incorrectly

·
Registered
1025R, 60D MMM, 120R FEL with Tooth Bar, Speeco Quick Hitch, Offset Heavy Hitch Weight Rack
7 Posts
I had the same issue recently on my brand new 2021 1025R with the 60D deck and I bent the draft arm, pin, bracket, bolt and bolt sleeve. I thought maybe I had the FEL too low when I atttached/detached from my deck and that's what caused the issue but now you have me concerned that perhaps there is a deeper issue at play here.

Luckily, I was able to have the bracket and draft arms fixed by a local farmer with a hydraulic press and used GreenPartstore for new a bolt and pin. Since this happened I have always mounted and detached my 60D deck with the FEL disconnected, but I would love to find out if my parking stand is properly attached.

Here is a picture of how things are at the moment, does my parking stand look too low? I am not too clear on what the fix is if my park stand spacer is indeed improperly installed. If it's something I could fix myself I would prefer to do so rather that having to send it back to my dealer for repairs unless absolutely neccesary.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Plant Tractor Vehicle

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
@Madmatt I'd go and look at mine for you but it's dark out now (wretched time change!) so I'm not sure pics would come out well. Don't have any other pics of my setup handy at the moment that show the parking stand clearly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally spring is here and the dealer will be picking up my tractor to try and solve the mower deck unloading issue. Hope to have an update soon for people who are having the same issue
Just hoping they can figure it out

1 - 20 of 24 Posts