Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have the "mower deck axle" setup for my 60D. It's an okay setup, but I think the deck dolly is the way to go. I'm not knocking the "mower deck axle" setup at all, just providing my real world feedback. If anyone thinks lifting a 60D with the deck dolly is difficult, you will not be able to use the "mower deck axle" setup as you have to use a lot more muscle to get the wheels in place and stand the deck up. If you lift the deck with straps and the loader, it takes muscle of out the equation. There aren't really any easy lifting points on the deck so I don't prefer to lift mine with straps via the loader. Once the deck is upright on the wheels, you have to lift it slightly and move the entire end that you are lifting if you are turning as the wheels do not swivel/rotate. I'm still in my 30s and can muscle the deck around on the wheels, but if you don't have a strong back you will not like this setup.

·
Registered
776 Posts
...significant upper body strength.
This is also required with the Mower Deck Axle setup... again, unless you use the loader. I don't mow with my loader on and putting the loader on to lift the deck to put the dollies, ehhhh...

I would image that there are also some folks that simply don't have a loader.

What it boils down to is that a decent amount of strength and a capable back are required for both deck movement/storage instruments.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I lift mine all the time to clean and change the blades, it only takes about the same amount of time as it does to back off over it, and I just hook the straps on the side of the bucket
What are you using as the lifting (strap attachment) points on the deck?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.