Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Still a little conflicted... but I think I am going to give the 'Deck Dolly' the nod after talking to both owners/manufacturers.

I just think I would like the option of maneuverability and being able to store the deck if I want without always having to hook up the Front End Loader to hoist it up.

Both guys were very good to talk to and I appreciated that neither one was out to 'bash' the other for a sale.

FYI - The Deck Dolly can be ordered with 6' handles instead of the 5'. A poster in another thread chose to add his own bolt on extensions, but for $10 more, the owner of the Deck Dolly will fabricate the unit with the longer, 6 foot handles.

He said he hasn't had anyone return one yet for a refund...

I am not going to get it for a few weeks or so, so I will let you know if I change my mind again ... lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks Joe. Keep us posted. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Still a little conflicted... but I think I am going to give the 'Deck Dolly' the nod after talking to both owners/manufacturers.

I just think I would like the option of maneuverability and being able to store the deck if I want without always having to hook up the Front End Loader to hoist it up.

Both guys were very good to talk to and I appreciated that neither one was out to 'bash' the other for a sale.

FYI - The Deck Dolly can be ordered with 6' handles instead of the 5'. A poster in another thread chose to add his own bolt on extensions, but for $10 more, the owner of the Deck Dolly will fabricate the unit with the longer, 6 foot handles.

He said he hasn't had anyone return one yet for a refund...

I am not going to get it for a few weeks or so, so I will let you know if I change my mind again ... lol
Set aside a few hours to assemble the Deck Dolly. It's not complicated, but there are a bunch of different length bolts.

To me, even 6 foot handles would be too short, unless you are blessed with significant upper body strength.

When you lift the MMM on the Deck Dolly, have it exactly where you want the mower to be stored. Once you get it up past about 33 degrees, the bottom feet contact the ground, and there is absolutely no way to roll it to a new place without lowering it back down.

Be aware that the design of the Deck Dolly means that, if you want to store the MMM upright close to a wall, the up side of the deck will be against the wall, and the blade side facing out towards the room.

Reactions: keane

·
Registered
776 Posts
...significant upper body strength.
This is also required with the Mower Deck Axle setup... again, unless you use the loader. I don't mow with my loader on and putting the loader on to lift the deck to put the dollies, ehhhh...

I would image that there are also some folks that simply don't have a loader.

What it boils down to is that a decent amount of strength and a capable back are required for both deck movement/storage instruments.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I lift mine all the time to clean and change the blades, it only takes about the same amount of time as it does to back off over it, and I just hook the straps on the side of the bucket
What are you using as the lifting (strap attachment) points on the deck?

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
This is also required with the Mower Deck Axle setup... again, unless you use the loader. I don't mow with my loader on and putting the loader on to lift the deck to put the dollies, ehhhh...

I would image that there are also some folks that simply don't have a loader.

What it boils down to is that a decent amount of strength and a capable back are required for both deck movement/storage instruments.
True, but you can use the 3PT hitch to do the lifting also. :thumbup1gif: Or a rope, pulley, and the tractor.

·
Premium Member
2015 GMC Canyon SLE
282 Posts
What does a 60D weigh?

·
Premium Member
2015 GMC Canyon SLE
282 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.