Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new 1025r with 60d deck Have severe black belt rub marks on top of back of deck. Have 19 hours on mower deck and dealer says they have seen it on another deck. Asked them to look into why the belt has rubbed on the deck. Mow a nicely trimmed 4 acre lawn. Belt not covered by warranty but want answers as to why belt is rubbing on deck as new mower. Appear clueless as to why this is happening. Service group hasn't come up with an answer much less offer to help

Attachments

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Can't help with the belt rub but where the heck are you in WI that you have 19 hrs of mowing this time of year!?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
14,730 Posts
When I had a 60" mine had the same marks.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Normal for the 60" deck. Mine does it to. The length the belt runs across the back of the deck, it needs a pulley on the back like the 60" on the prior generation X700 series. My neighbor has a X728 with the 60" and it doesn't have the belt rub. The auto connect prevents a pulley from being on the back of the deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
419 Posts
60 Deck

I agree rebuilt my deck and with only a few hours of running it was rubbing. I figured it was from the vibration of the deck on the ground (unevenness) I know the gauge wheel are not suppose to tough but I am sure they do even if set right on level cement. Also the vibration of the long belt distance and no ider to guide it.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Think of them as skid marks for when you are on a scary slope. The 54 does it to. Actually wears through the paint with a nice shinny spot. I guess I got over the puckers on the hills!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1025r deck

Can't help with the belt rub but where the heck are you in WI that you have 19 hrs of mowing this time of year!?!?!?!
LOL..........would be nice if we could mow this time of year. Bought new last fall and dealer has deck but no answers yet........Thanks for posting!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
LOL..........would be nice if we could mow this time of year. Bought new last fall and dealer has deck but no answers yet........Thanks for posting!
Don't think the dealer will get any answers for you. The same thing is going on with my deck and I bought mine in '13. Doesn't hurt the belt at all and if a little paint is all the trouble I get I'm not going to worry about it. I now have over 500 hours on the tractor and mow about 4 acres, in the spring, summer and fall of 'course. :laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts