Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I messed up to put it plainly. Without getting into the whole story of what I was fixing and why because I messed up... Let's talk about what I made worse. I put two links on upside down. And when I went to raise the hydraulics... I snapped the bolt that connects the mower lift arm to the three point hitch. Before I go get a tap and remove the screw from the hole... does anyone know what the dimensions are of the bolt that I need to replace? Thanks in advance.
Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Crankset
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Snout Wood
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bicycle part Rim

·
Premium Member
9,248 Posts
Looks like you got most of it intact. I usually go to hardware store with it and get one at the length that you think goes into the rock shaft. Get a couple 3 different lengths just incase one or 2 is too long or short

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,005 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,071 Posts
It also looks like you are missing the snap-ring for the rockshaft lift arm.

Automotive tire Coil Gas Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,665 Posts
There must be a story behind this "project".................

·
Registered
283 Posts
I’ve replaced 2 of the snap rings for other owners, it’s not an easy job. Just be patient and have very good snap ring pliers.

Reactions: HelsingNW

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, what happened was... when I am mowing and the tractor bounces the height of the deck drops. If I am mowing at 3 inches, I can hit a bump and it will drop down to 1-1/2 inches for example. This happened and when it did the deck itself hit a rock as well as a blade. As a result, I bent a blade and the two threaded eyelet bolts that adjust the height of the deck. I replaced the blade and the bolts (at $23 a piece) and put it all back together. One of two things happened and possibly both. I put the two yokes at the bottom of the eyelet bolts on backwards and/or I adjusted the strap connected to the rocker arm incorrectly.
Either way... I got it all back together. I adjusted the height of the deck. I leveled it and put the pitch at 1/4". You would think all would be well. But when I hit a bump... the deck still drops. I am fearful of this happening again, not to mention my grass has some sections that are cut two inches lower than everywhere else.

·
Premium Member
17,071 Posts
So, what happened was... when I am mowing and the tractor bounces the height of the deck drops. If I am mowing at 3 inches, I can hit a bump and it will drop down to 1-1/2 inches for example. This happened and when it did the deck itself hit a rock as well as a blade. As a result, I bent a blade and the two threaded eyelet bolts that adjust the height of the deck.
This doesn't sound quite right. With mechanical lift the deck height it tied to the rockshaft position. The rockshaft should not drop when you go over a bump. Think of having your ballast box attached, you can go bouncing along and the ballast box never drops down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But it is not really tied to the rock shaft. I raise the hydraulics the entire way in order to set the height of the deck. That rotates the cam the the arm from the mower deck sits on to set the height.
It seems like it is only the weight of the deck keeping pressure on the cam that keeps it at that height. When I hit a bump... the cam spins to a lower setting.
Lowering the hydulaics to the lowest setting to drop the deck puts it at the same position weather it is at 1" or 4" Or should I not be dropping the hydraulics the entire way after setting the deck height?

·
Premium Member
17,071 Posts
Ah... ok. I was thinking it was the type of MMM lift that hooked directly to the 3PH lift arms.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,005 Posts
Ah... ok. I was thinking it was the type of MMM lift that hooked directly to the 3PH lift arms.
Shouldn't matter since the height of cut dial determines overall height.

Seems weird that with the weight of the deck on the HOC cam that it would turn on its own. When the deck is set to the desired height does the bell crank seem to fit the notch in the cam?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts