Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my 1025r and was going to move it, but I cant get the controls to work the bucket doesn't move at all. I changed the filter and the bucket moved for a bit, but back to square zero. now the tractor moves very slowly when wanting to go forward. . I checked the hydraulic fluid level and it reads good. when I changed the filter the hydraulic fluid looked very cloudily. the meter reads 304. hours. do I need to change the fluids?

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Can the OP give us a timeline of what happened?

Was this right after a hydraulic oil/filter change?

Did you change the filter because the hydraulics didn't seem to work?

Was the tractor normal the last time it was used?

There are a host of paths we can go down to troubleshoot depending on the timeline of events. It would help with more info.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Can the OP give us a timeline of what happened?

Was this right after a hydraulic oil/filter change?

Did you change the filter because the hydraulics didn't seem to work?

Was the tractor normal the last time it was used?

There are a host of paths we can go down to troubleshoot depending on the timeline of events. It would help with more info.

Just my 2 cents.
Cloudy fluid may indicate water. Stored inside or out?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Does your 1025R have the JD updated fill neck? The original design allowed water in and they sent out a kit for older models. That could explain the cloudy fluid. Cloudy is contaminated. Will need changed ASAP!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Does your 1025R have the JD updated fill neck? The original design allowed water in and they sent out a kit for older models. That could explain the cloudy fluid. Cloudy is contaminated. Will need changed ASAP!

Where can I read more about this kit? I recall my hole being flush.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Did you clean the sump screen in the bottom of the tractor with the magnets inside of it. if the fluid is milky water is getting in somewhere. change all filters and clean the sump screen. install new fluid. good luck :good2::good2:

·
Administrator
17,986 Posts

·
Administrator
17,986 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I would agree with the other recommendations here and also remember cycling the pto several times is prescribed in the manual to eliminate air pockets in part of the circuit.

·
Super Moderator
2,244 Posts
Just looked at the referenced link and appears my tractor was not part of the recall.

Just did a 50hr service and the oil seemed clear&golden.
Good to know. I've got to do my 200 hr service soon and hope to find gold myself

1 - 16 of 16 Posts