Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I purchased a 1025r with the 120r loader . I put the forks on it and hooked up a Bigblock which weights 700-750lbs and I could not lift it up ! I had to tilt the boom up to lift the engine off the ground ! Kind of not impressed ! The brocher and sales guy Harped it would lift 955lbs of material ! Also no where did it say this was total lift Capacity . It say appreciate the greater lift capacity of 955lbs !

I’m tempted to put 14 concrete bags on a pallet close to the machine and attempt to lift it up .

Made a quick video of it

https://youtu.be/e5HEcZNhKHw

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,425 Posts
Mine are the small forks ! I would say 80-100lbs I can lift them up alone.
Wow... are you sure they are that light? Even Artillian fork sets with 3" tines weigh 185-197 lbs. and that's without a backrest.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Are you sure?? Not just the forks but the attachment too. Its all weight on the pins. It looked like it was off the ground anyway. If the forks weigh 200 and your motor weighs 700, there is your 900. Another 55? Maybe. Id say you are pretty much there. It doesnt say you can pick it up high and sling it around. It says itll clear the ground. Thats the limit. Nice looking tractor

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Try putting the forks under that engine stand, and lifting with the arms at a lower position.

Any loader looses capacity as the arms are moved higher.
It is simple geometry.

Many times, the rating is how much weight the loader can get off the ground.
There is usually a second, lower number, that equates to the full height capacity,,,,

·
Registered
264 Posts
Take off the forks, run a sling between the pins, you will find with the weight moved back off the forks, and without the weight of the forks you can pick up a lot more. Judging my the way it handled it in the video (of course we are guessing on the weight of the motor too (fluids, accessories?) I think itll pick it right up with room to spare. Obviously its borderline but have to asmit it looks pretty close based on your assumption of weight. Of course at its max its going to leak down. They all would

·
Premium Member
4,251 Posts
Depending how you stack the bricks you can lift more or less. The maximum lift is at the back of the Fork Lift Frame. On my 4044M there is 1,500 lb difference from sitting on the 48"forks(2000 lbs) evenly to the hinge point 3500 lbs. That is where my hooks are welded on my Fork Lift Frame. and with my heavy Forks off it can lift a lot. Not sure what my forks weight but there JD Forks and I think close to 100 lbs each! I have the D170 Loader on my tractor.

If you have a Manual on your loader it should give you the lift points and weights. Roll back is higher because you use the tilt cylinders and don't have to lift the loader frame. Some time you can roll back and get things off the ground to move them when you can't lift it.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I have yet to figure out where the 955lbs is.

On the 120r loader it’s about 750lbs at the pivot point
And about 550lbs at the tip of the bucket which is around 20” further out from the pivot point.

To get the max you need to be as close to the pivot point as possibly. Even tilting your forks straight up will give you more lift capacity than the forks sitting lvl with the ground.

Maybe the 955 is including the bucket and quick attach that’s attached to the pivot point? That’s all I can figure. So you are lifting 750lbs + 159lb bucket + the plates that hold the bucket 50lbs? That’s my best guess. A marketing strategy that sucks for us but totally legal if lawyers get involved.

I’d take the forks off and attach the motor to the fork frame only.

Today I lifted concrete blocks with the bucket in a test. Each concrete block weighed 27lbs. I lifted 27 of them to max height(729lbs) and I lifted 38 of them about 3 1/2’ off the ground(1026lbs)

**edit**
I think I maybe have found the 955lbs which goes with my test today which I lifted 1000lbs.
In he 120r/220r manual you will see that the 220r will lift 1120lbs at the pivot and it will lift 1296 at the pivot up to 60” high.
So now I’m assuming that the 955lbs is how much the 120r can lift 60” high at the pivot. The manual advertises 743lbs. So it’s probably a typo and should be 955lbs

·
Registered
196 Posts
Like said above, lift the engine from the bottom if the engine cradle can handle it. I think you are trying to lift too much weight at too high of height to begin with. These little tractors start to struggle after about three feet in the air with that much weight. Also, are in Canada, $40,000 for a 1025R!!!

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
As all brochures, they pick the highest lift capacity at the best lifting point for the number they put in the sales brochure. The 2017 and earlier 120R FEL had a boom break out force of 1823 lb. measured at the pivot and a maximum lift capacity of 753 lb. at 59" of lift height. These capacities are all rated at the bottom bucket pivot pin. So, the maximum you can actually pick is somewhere between these two numbers. I can tell you, they will not lift 1823 lb., no way, but they will lift 753 lb., depending on how far you have the weight away from the lower pivot point.

I would say the 955 lb. rating of the new 120R is rated at the pivot pin and with the pick point not very high above the ground.

The ability of an FEL to lift is not the same at all heights. The higher the lift point, the less it can lift.

You also have to look at all videos and what users say their FEL will lift as not very scientific. Most times the user really doesn't know how much weight they are actually lifting and there are so many variables when lifting something, how far the load is away from the pivot point, how high the load is being lifted, etc.

I did this project a few years ago. I had 11 - 80 lb. bags of quick-crete stacked as close to the back of 36" Artillian forks as possible and could barely lift it off the ground.
https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/home-workshop-projects/54554-new-garage-project-post1019537.html#post1019537

So, I can easily see that your 2018 1025R will not lift the big block chevy, especially considering how high you need to have the forks to initially lift it and how far the C of G of the engine is away from the pivot point. If you rig the engine so the lower pivot point of the FEL is above the C of G of the engine, you will have a better shot of lifting the engine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Hey guys it would of been nice if they told me and advertised 955 at the pins ! Most buckets and forks are 200lb. When I talked to the 3 diffrent JD sales guys I said I wanted to lift engines up with the forks and they all said it would be in the 900lb range.

In Canada

$27k for 1025R with FIBH
$3k for blower
$3k for mower
$1k for forks,guards,block heater
$6k for taxes and environmental bs

That’s $29k in the usa

Just kind of disappointed would of been nice if it was advertised diffrent !

It’s not the end of the world I don’t lift up Big Blocks all the time ! I’m gonna try next time to sling it and see. The guys on the chevy forum laughed cause I have the lighter of the Big blocks as it has the alum intake and covers on it .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I saw this on YouTube on the John Deere YouTube page comparing the JD to the Kubota when I was purchasing mine. They have the bucket on and claim 1100lbs of lifting force ! I could only lift 750lbs half inch off the ground !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
So I saw this on YouTube on the John Deere YouTube page comparing the JD to the Kubota when I was purchasing mine. They have the bucket on and claim 1100lbs of lifting force ! I could only lift 750lbs half inch off the ground !
Does that video go over a foot high? I think your forks weigh more than you think.
If you wil lift stuff like that often you make need to find a way to have the loader on the ground with something sticking up 4’ height or so that you can attach the straps to. You will be able to get up more weight.

Like i said earlier I got over 1000lbs 3 foot high with the bucket. Forks will lose you at least 100 pounds

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,155 Posts
Hey guys it would of been nice if they told me and advertised 955 at the pins ! Most buckets and forks are 200lb. When I talked to the 3 diffrent JD sales guys I said I wanted to lift engines up with the forks and they all said it would be in the 900lb range.

In Canada

$27k for 1025R with FIBH
$3k for blower
$3k for mower
$1k for forks,guards,block heater
$6k for taxes and environmental bs

That’s $29k in the usa

Just kind of disappointed would of been nice if it was advertised diffrent !

It’s not the end of the world I don’t lift up Big Blocks all the time ! I’m gonna try next time to sling it and see. The guys on the chevy forum laughed cause I have the lighter of the Big blocks as it has the alum intake and covers on it .
Ouch.......that's roughly 15%........(6k/40k...) :hide:

One man's 15% tax payment is another man's "free stuff", sure is nice of the Government to handle the transaction..:laugh::lol::flag_of_truce:..... but that's a topic for another thread on another day.......

Merry Christmas all...................

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.