Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,010 Posts
No big deal, just the bolts holding the engine to a crossmember?.... (Sarcasm) That's just unacceptable on a premium brand of tractor.

Good eye noticing that! Like I've said many times, someone please send a bottle of 242 loctite to the JD factory....

· Registered
2,010 Posts
Don't think those hold the engine down, it looks like they're meant to hold that plastic cover on. Still annoying that they'd come loose like that.
I'd have to get under my 1025 to see what they are attached to, a plastic cover would not be as bad, those bolts look like they're at least 5/16 or 3/8 size and into what looked like a crossmember. I never studied it that close.... It's still ridiculous to have bolts falling off your tractor.

· Registered
2,010 Posts
They look like the engine to bell housing bolts to me. It’s hard to tell from a close up photo.
I thought the same thing, but since there is a pto shaft on the back of the flywheel that runs back to the hydro unit, it would have to be some kind of crossmember. Or like the other guy said, just a plastic cover.

· Registered
2,010 Posts
I think I would buy lock nuts
Yep...should have had locknuts from the beginning. Now I have something else to check on my 1025...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.