Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some tractor shopping and was at my local JD dealer today asking a lot of questions. I asked about third function for the loader on the 1025R and he said it was only $241 plus less than an hour of labor. This didn't sound right to me because I've seen a lot of sub compact third function kits in the $6-700 range for just the kit. Is the dealer missing something, or is JD's OEM third function just really cheap? The part number he gave was BXX10268

·
Super Moderator
4,762 Posts
I've been doing some tractor shopping and was at my local JD dealer today asking a lot of questions. I asked about third function for the loader on the 1025R and he said it was only $241 plus less than an hour of labor. This didn't sound right to me because I've seen a lot of sub compact third function kits in the $6-700 range for just the kit. Is the dealer missing something, or is JD's OEM third function just really cheap? The part number he gave was BXX10268
Your dealer messed up.

From the Deere Build Your Own site:

3rd Function Selective Control Valve $798.60
Option Code : BLV11143

Mid-mounted valve required for 3rd function loader applications. Requires BXX10268 (loader hose kit) for use with grapple bucket, 4 in 1 bucket and/or front blade. Not compatible with BLV10688 (Independent mower lift system) and LVB25956 (Power Beyond Kit) The following kits can be installed in conjunction with this kit but cannot be combined: Mower Deck Hydraulic Lift Hose Kit (BLV11205) Power Beyond Kit (BLV11216) Rear Selective Control Valve Kit (BLV11217) Please see compatibility matrix and Ordering Guide in Value Selling Navigator for reference and additional parts that might be needed

The part number he gave you is just for the hose kit that goes with the 3rd function if you want to route the 3rd function to the loader.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your dealer messed up.

From the Deere Build Your Own site:

3rd Function Selective Control Valve $798.60
Option Code : BLV11143

Mid-mounted valve required for 3rd function loader applications. Requires BXX10268 (loader hose kit) for use with grapple bucket, 4 in 1 bucket and/or front blade. Not compatible with BLV10688 (Independent mower lift system) and LVB25956 (Power Beyond Kit) The following kits can be installed in conjunction with this kit but cannot be combined: Mower Deck Hydraulic Lift Hose Kit (BLV11205) Power Beyond Kit (BLV11216) Rear Selective Control Valve Kit (BLV11217) Please see compatibility matrix and Ordering Guide in Value Selling Navigator for reference and additional parts that might be needed

The part number he gave you is just for the hose kit that goes with the 3rd function if you want to route the 3rd function to the loader.
So does this mean the total cost for the 3rd function setup is $800, or is $800 just for the hardware?
8 hours of labor sounds like a lot to ask out of a dealer for the item - is it generally the case that a dealer would just order a factory 1025r with the third function already installed?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
So does this mean the total cost for the 3rd function setup is $800, or is $800 just for the hardware?
8 hours of labor sounds like a lot to ask out of a dealer for the item - is it generally the case that a dealer would just order a factory 1025r with the third function already installed?
That's hardware only. :gizmo:

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Here is a classic example of why a kit like the 3rd function should be available to be installed as a factory option order. I mean how much simpler could it be to install all those lines when the tractor is rolling down the assembly line with bare frame. There is also no reason why one should not be able to have 3rd function, power beyond and multiple rear SCV's installed as well. Lots of our GTT members have done just that, so it's not like it's not doable. Just add a T or two and a few more lines and voila. Again... done on the assembly line.

Why you ask? $$$$$$$. Follow the dollars. Probably cost another $50 - $100 for factory install,(labor), as compared to an 8 hour job at the local dealer, valued at $800 plus for the labor.

There should be wayyyy more options installed at the factory, along the assembly lines. Just another way to fleece the customer and put more dollars in the stealerships hands.

·
Super Moderator
4,762 Posts
It's $800 for the 3rd function valve hardware + another $265 for the BXX10268 hose kit + labor to install.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
It took the junior tech probably 12+ hours to install my 3rd SCV plus lines to the loader on my new 3039R. Cost was $968 for the 3rd SCV, $447 for the loader line kit. Installation was "included" in my case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For valve and hose kit and installation I was priced $1750 by JD dealer.
Was this quoted at the time of the tractor purchase, or after? For me, I'm looking for what the cost should be when buying a new tractor. I'm not sure if dealers quote differently, but would guess one can usually get a better deal when buying the tractor.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Here is a classic example of why a kit like the 3rd function should be available to be installed as a factory option order. I mean how much simpler could it be to install all those lines when the tractor is rolling down the assembly line with bare frame. There is also no reason why one should not be able to have 3rd function, power beyond and multiple rear SCV's installed as well. Lots of our GTT members have done just that, so it's not like it's not doable. Just add a T or two and a few more lines and voila. Again... done on the assembly line.

Why you ask? $$$$$$$. Follow the dollars. Probably cost another $50 - $100 for factory install,(labor), as compared to an 8 hour job at the local dealer, valued at $800 plus for the labor.

There should be wayyyy more options installed at the factory, along the assembly lines. Just another way to fleece the customer and put more dollars in the stealerships hands.
Not quite.
You cant really pull a piece off the assembly line that easily these days without causing other issues along the same line.
Deere would have to be set up to pull any tractor off to have any number of things done if they did it for this, with no panels in place.
It could conceivably cost the same to have it factory installed. Maybe slightly less, because there would be no shipping of parts, but there are MANY options, and who picks what gets factory installed, and thus a completely new line setup, vs whats not? Do you get just one rear outlet, or are we going to have multiple options there?
Its easy to say it should be done without understanding what it takes to make it happen, but there is a LOT that goes into any change along any assembly line.

And its not like Deere is alone in doing this. Everyone does it, because to be profitable, you design your assembly process to be as streamlined as possible, and that means assembling the tractors with the most common options only. Very few people who buy these have need or want a 3rd function or rear outlets.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Amen to what IndianaJim stated. When I purchased my 1025Rs, JD built two versions, the base 1025R and the FTLB 1025R. Now, the FTLB was quite a bit more cost effective than having the dealer install the backhoe and the FEL. Since then, JD has taken it a step further, from what I understand, and they are now offering a factory installed FEL model, also.

So if the volume will support it, they will do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts