Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully lifted a JD 1025R using a QuickJack? I’m curious to know if there’s enough ground clearance to drive over the retracted QuickJack, how easily the tractor frame lines up with the QJ lift points & how stable the tractor is on the QJ.

My tractor has the backhoe frame, not sure if that adds to the complexity. My application for wanting to use the QJ is just to get more clearance underneath having to do basic maintenance like fluid/filter changes, etc.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I think you would have trouble doing much under the tractor with it on the Quickjack, assuming it lines up ok for lifting. The frame itself isnt very wide, and having both quickjacks under it would take up about all of that room. Im not sure if you can use just one of them separate from the other. Even if you could, you would be very limited on what you could access.
From what I can see, they are 13" wide, and 66" long, and 7" tall (height wise, you should be ok, but barely) which means they might even be too long to use under the 1025, even if you could mange to make it work width wise.

For non tire related work, auto ramps might be the simplest way to do it, or a floor jack and stands.
Other than that, some type of clear floor lift would be better, but more money too, like MaxJax.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
If I need more clearance, the tractor's already got the capability to lift itself, using the loader to lift the front and the backhoe stabilizers to lift the rear. Lift, slide jack stands in, lower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts