Green Tractor Talk banner

1025R - Opinions on adding equipment to my order

6K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  filoufil 
#1 ·
Hi everyone -

My 1025R is currently on order and should he here in early June. I am using Deere's financing at 0% for 72 months. I have added some implements and accessories, but would like your opinions and suggestions on what implements or accessories you all think are must-haves. I'd like to take advantage of the financing deal and get any necessary equipment now rather than later.

So, here's my current situation...

I currently live on about 3 acres. I mow about 2 acres and the rest is wooded area. I have a lot of downed trees, brush, and rocks to clean up and move. I also have a bunch more trees to take down. We have some spots in the yard where we will be adding some loads of soil and will need to spread and level it out. I will also be working to make some trails in the wooded area for the kids to play and explore. We see a potential garden in the future, but nothing too large that would require a huge tiller.

Here's the equipment I have on order as part of the financing from Deere...

1025R with 120R NSL Loader and 53" Bucket
54D Autoconnect MMM (700CLV) w/ Load-N-Go Brackets
Deere iMatch
R3 Radial Ply Versa Turf Tires
Frontier AV20F Grapple
3rd Function SCV Kit (installed by the dealer)
Deere 60" Quick Hitch Front Blade w/ Rubber Squeegee
Front Quick Hitch w/ Hydraulic Lift and Hydraulic Angling Kit
Premium LED Work Light Kit w/ Brush Guards
(8) 70 Pound Suitcase Weights

Here is the equipment I have on order separate from Deere....

Heavy Hitch Offset Bracket w/ Heavy Hitch Cart
From KBOH: (2) Grab Hook/Clevis Combos w/ Shackles, Differential Lock Extension Pedal/Seat Spring Combo, Extended iMatch Hook w/ Adjustable Hook Pins

So, I'm looking for your opinions on what Deere/Frontier equipment I could potentially add to my order to include with the financing. I don't think I would get enough use out of a tiller, but I have been considering a Frontier box blade, potentially the BB2048. I'm also not sure I'd get enough use out of the box blade to justify the purchase.

I don't plan on loading the tires anytime soon and have been considering the addition of 72 pound starter wheel weights to the order.

I welcome any and all opinions! I'd like to take full advantage of the Deere financing deal, but it has to make some sense for my situation! I plan on keeping this tractor for at least 15 years.

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
sounds like a good list 👍. Just remember those 70 lb suitcase weights sometimes have to picked up! Some 42s are still useful.

Have you watched this video yet? GWT. used box blade rippers to make garden areas. i thought it was neat

Reactions: Mackford13 and TPS
#6 ·
Sounds like you got most of it covered. I would definitely add the wheel weights & look into getting some spacers. 1.50 worked for me on my 54d.

Reactions: TPS
#7 · (Edited)
Heads up if you have the R3 radials and add spacers, they do not fit with the new 54D. Can’t comment on the earlier versions, but my 2021 with R3 versa turf with 1.4'' spacers does require the 54D some modifications.

#9 ·
Forks can dig, lift, load/unload, pry, be a work surface (used mine today for that, cutting 4x6's with a chainsaw). Things you can lift outside the obvious pallets are other small heavy objects- I use them to move my wheeled generator around and to lift it to a reasonable height for changing its oil, pressure washer and snow blower as well. The 1025R is weight limited 600-700lbs max safe load so you'll not be unloadingba ton of palletizing pellets, but once you have them (in my opinion) you'll wonder how you lived without them! I've got 36" forks and if doing it again, would do 42" for better engagement with pallets, and once you have forks, you'll start to palletizing things and it's glorious!

As mentioned already I'd also pick up a few 42lb suitcase weights in pairs with the eight 70s - but I think otherwise you've got a great list! A lot of times you'll get a discount on the attachments purchased with the tractor. Also a handful of JD dealers sell Heavy Hitch, so you might be able to get that cat 1 offset HH from your dealer in the financing!

I don't have wheel weights, but am not mowing or operating on too many hills and no significant side hills while mowing. No filled tires either.

#14 ·
Forks can dig, lift, load/unload, pry, be a work surface (used mine today for that, cutting 4x6's with a chainsaw). Things you can lift outside the obvious pallets are other small heavy objects- I use them to move my wheeled generator around and to lift it to a reasonable height for changing its oil, pressure washer and snow blower as well. The 1025R is weight limited 600-700lbs max safe load so you'll not be unloadingba ton of palletizing pellets, but once you have them (in my opinion) you'll wonder how you lived without them! I've got 36" forks and if doing it again, would do 42" for better engagement with pallets, and once you have forks, you'll start to palletizing things and it's glorious!

As mentioned already I'd also pick up a few 42lb suitcase weights in pairs with the eight 70s - but I think otherwise you've got a great list! A lot of times you'll get a discount on the attachments purchased with the tractor. Also a handful of JD dealers sell Heavy Hitch, so you might be able to get that cat 1 offset HH from your dealer in the financing!

I don't have wheel weights, but am not mowing or operating on too many hills and no significant side hills while mowing. No filled tires either.
Thanks a ton for the great info!

I already have (6) 42 pound suitcase weights that were used with my x758, so I will be sure to keep those!

I already purchased the Heavy Hitch directly from the company, but it's good to know some Deere dealers offer them. I had no clue!

You make a compelling case for the pallet forks! I'm really thinking about them now along with a box blade.

#10 ·
Forgot to add - I'd personally skip the Deere LED lights and just get the cheap versions off Amazon. You can have 10 cheap ones fail before you've covered the cost of the Deere version and they are really easy to swap out (what I did) and the light output for the cheap ones is great!

Reactions: Emt566, EVT and TPS
#12 ·
Seat cover. LP68694

#16 ·
Thanks, Jimmy! I ordered it!

@TPS and @MarkEagleUSA Sorry if my post was confusing, but if you reread it. I am replying to someone that is suggesting 1.5'' wheel spacers.

I have the Bro-Teks 1.4'' and they do not fit with R3 Radial and the new 2020+ 54D.

I'll edit it to make it clearer.

As for mods, the right rear ''deck wheel handle'' is contacting my right tire. I am getting it cut and welded at a 45 degrees angle away from the tire.
Thanks for the clarification. It's definitely good to know in case I ever consider wheel spacers.

#23 ·
That is a pretty sweet list, alright! Congratulations!

I am not suggesting you do this, but for me a tiller is a big plus. When the backhoe is off, the JD 647 tiller is on. It serves as my rear ballast and is very handy as more than just a garden tool. Just today I used it to turn a huge pile of last year's sod and dirt into topsoil. Over time I will use the tiller to mix my grass clippings (there's another vote for a MCS!) into some of it for next year's raised bed soil and this year's lawn leveling. I also have a 2" hitch receiver bolted to the top of the tiller to use for moving empty trailers around.

The heavy hitch and suitcase weights could cost close to half what the tiller will and even though the tiller is a couple hundred pounds lighter than all the weights would be it is hanging back a little further and is probably as effective for ballast. Mine is a 2025R will filled rear tires and the tiller is enough additional rear ballast to handle anything the loader will do. I suspect it would be adequate even without the filled tires.

Anyway, that's my take on it. I used to think it should be required that they equip these small tractors with a 4in1 bucket, but since I have the same grapple you are getting and the standard materials bucket also, I don't use the 4in1 that often and would skip it if I was starting over. I would never let go of my tiller, though! I had 655s on each of my previous tractors.

Best of luck with the waiting!

#25 ·
I trade in some equipment and have ran John Deere compacts for decades. To be frank I've found the following to be the only items I've kept over the years. 1. grader blade 2. grapple 3. rotary mower 4. finish mower 5. box blade 6. forks I do have a 1025r that has backhoe and loader. My 4400 has a loader. All the other equipment has come and gone as I really didn't use it that much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.