Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The left front tire on my 1025r with R4 tires is rubbing one of the power steering hydraulic hoses when I make a hard left turn. When mowing I tend to turn sharply to reverse direction thus causing some wear.

Does anyone else have this problem? For those of you with a 1025r, how are your hydraulic hoses routed? I'd like to fix this before a lug catches and rips the hose off or it's worn down causing a burst or leak.
IMG_9243 copy.jpg IMG_9244 copy.jpg

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
15 Posts
The left front tire on my 1025r with R4 tires is rubbing one of the power steering hydraulic hoses when I make a hard left turn. When mowing I tend to turn sharply to reverse direction thus causing some wear.

Does anyone else have this problem? For those of you with a 1025r, how are your hydraulic hoses routed? I'd like to fix this before a lug catches and rips the hose off or it's worn down causing a burst or leak.
View attachment 784373 View attachment 784374
Common problem...... I zip tied mine up to the frame, not tight though, still has some movement.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Mine are routed the same way. Never had a problem. But like Mifiremedic said just zip tie them up some.

·
Registered
831 Posts
ryegrass - I had the same issue on my 4-series a couple of springs ago. I eventually wore a hole through the hose and had to get a new one. Mine was rubbing on the frame. I purchased a protective mesh wrap from McMaster-Carr and have had no further issues.

Brian

·
Registered
206 Posts
I did not learn about this problem until the tire had worn through the hose and it started leaking at year 5 of ownership. I replaced the hose and have experimented with zip ties and that kinda works but have never really found a good solution yet. Definitely something that the engineers missed at Deer.

·
Super Moderator
3,495 Posts
Loosen the swivel nut of the right hand elbow, swing the hose up some and re-tighten. That'll 'shorten' the hose a little by the tire, and make it clear better. Yes, it's been a common problem off & on for years. The length of the hose isn't the problem, it's the routing and angle of the right hand elbow.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could be a fitting at the wrong angle, you might have snagged on something and turned one without causing a leak.
Good points.

Loosen the swivel nut of the right hand elbow, swing the hose up some and re-tighten. That'll 'shorten' the hose a little by the tire, and make it clear better. Yes, it's been a common problem off & on for years. The length of the hose isn't the problem, it's the routing and angle of the right hand elbow. View attachment 784402
@kylew Picture is great and very helpful. Thank you for sharing. I will attempt this approach as I like it a little better than a zip tie, but I won't rule that option out either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts