Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a new JD 1025r fel and backhoe. After all promotions are applied the total comes to $17900 without tax. Is this a good deal? I'm also considering getting the Imatch is it worth it?

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. Im not planning on getting jd implements as they are just too expensive. Im looking at getting a tiller, pull behind brush cutter, and a subsoiler/buster. The salesman just said the imatch was worth its weight in gold , he made no mention of it not working with non jd implements. All the implements im looking at are sold by this dealer though. Should i get the imatch or not?

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I would, and simply make sure the implements fit it. It isn't designed for JD only implements, but many aftermarket manufacturers don't build it the standard 3 point hitch dimensions. That's not a problem when the lift arms are free, but may not work with the fixed width/ height of the iMatch.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I would, and simply make sure the implements fit it. It isn't designed for JD only implements, but many aftermarket manufacturers don't build it the standard 3 point hitch dimensions. That's not a problem when the lift arms are free, but may not work with the fixed width/ height of the iMatch.
I'm looking to get the Imatch with my tractor. Dealer is going to try the Imatch with the Landpride tiller and aerator I'm planning on getting. If they don't work on the Imatch, then most likely I'll get the Landpride quick hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
As to the I-Match, this is my second one. I had a 5205 once and the only implement it would fit was the JD rotary cutter. I took it back for a store credit and got a landscape rake. But this time around with the 1025, I went ahead and got JD's Frontier implements and the quick hitch bushings from Northern Tool. Sometimes you can get the dealer to throw in an I-Match into the deal - then you might as well get it. It's the top link that usually does not fit on many implements - if you're skilled at fabrication, you can modify your implements to fit the I-Match. Also as previously stated, many other manufacturers implements are now I-Match compatible.

There are many more opinions here than mine on the I-Match, so I'd keep reading and learning and decide what best works for you and your budget.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I love my iMatch, but I have all Frontier implements. I will make sure before I buy others that they are compatible (or easy enough to modify for a guy with a welder like myself)

Right now I only have a ballast box and a box blade for it, but as you have more 3pt implements it would become even more convenient.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts