Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working with the tractor today and noticed the mmm would go all the way up. Looked at the rock shaft arm and noticed where the lift arms connect to the pin that runs through the back of the tractor are not as tight as they were. There is about a one inch gap on one side and 1/4 inch gap on the other. Looks like the shaft has slid in on the left side ( sitting on the tractor) and out the right side. Is there anything I can do at home or will that be a dealer issue for warranty repair.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
You lost a circlip that goes on the end of the splined shaft.
You should be able to pop her back in position and add the clip.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just shove / hammer it in? I didn’t know what was inside that case so I didn’t want to chance breaking something. Tried pushing slightly by hand and it wouldn’t move.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
If it's under warrenty, do not do anything. Call the dealer and make them fix it. They'll be responsible for any damage caused inside. If it's not under warrenty and you're going to do it yourself, I can post the assemble instructions from the tech manual.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The older 1025R tractors had an issue where the groove in the rock shaft wasn’t deep enough to hold the snap ring, so Deere had a year model change where the groove was deeper and would hold the snap ring better. I replaced one for a customer while his machine was under warranty. I then took his old one and cut the groove deeper and saved it for my own if I have trouble.
I would say the reason you can’t slide yours back in is because it slid too far and came out of the matching splines inside the rock shaft housing. You might be able to give it a slight turn while pushing it and see if it will slide back in.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I believe if you lower the three point most of the way down it may help with no load on it and you should be able to use your hand to manually work the hitch up and down while you apply pressure.
Some gentle persuasion with a pry bar or hammer may be needed but if it feels like it is stopping hard I wouldn't push my luck.
Several guys on here have had this issue, but fortunately I have not yet so I don't have first hand experience with it, just working from memory of older posts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts