Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this happen to their 1025r? It doesnt overheat and has enough radiator fluid. Just gettin a little messy and making me question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
In 40 years of being a mechanic, Ive never seen anything like that.....at least not related to coolant overflowing and looking that color.
Your overflow bottle appears to be at the correct level, correct color, and everything else looks normal.

To me it looks like someone spilled something on it.

I'm curious what others have to say but yes, that would concern me as well.

·
Premium Member
12,253 Posts
What is in the bottle, Cool-Gard or molasses?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Critter urine?

Seen similar disasters in HVAC units from mice. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Mine has always leaked at the lid like that, but it leaves normal looking coolant crust. I suspect your leaking antifreeze is just hanging on to the dust that passes through the radiator.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My 1023e has coolant all over... still some in the bottle, not horrible... I think its just a clamp or the cap gasket...
gotta look it over some...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Isn't that the older overflow?

I had the same issue with coolant splash and they replaced the overflow with one that had a screw on cap.

I will see if I can snap a pic of it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
This is the replacement. No more coolant on everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mine's a 2019 with a screw cap.. coolant sprayed around...

coolant.jpg

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for replys guys. Its a 2016 and only has 150 ish hrs on it. Been doing this for some time now. Not overheating or running bad at all. Probably the old overflow resevoir setup issue statesd earlier.
But between this and the old air cleaner on valve cover setup... im gonna be calling my dealer to “talk” abkut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I replaced the container and was still losing coolant. A member on this site posted a method to create a permanent baffle for container's inside. Since building and adding the baffle, I've lost no more coolant. I suggest that you search for thread on adding the baffle.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I replaced the container and was still losing coolant. A member on this site posted a method to create a permanent baffle for container's inside. Since building and adding the baffle, I've lost no more coolant. I suggest that you search for thread on adding the baffle.
I believe that fix is up in one of those sticky threads.
Like keane my 2014 leaked around cap as well. Cut a thin rubber gasket and made a plastic baffle from a piece of PVC sink drain tubing and placed it inside tank. Hasn't leaked in years.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My 2018 has leaked since day one. When the dust and dirt mix with the coolant it looks like poo! Guess I will be making a rubber a gasket for it, never really thought about it, but that should work.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Where is it leaking at? I have that same bottle on my 2018 and it's clean. Does it splash out the cap?
I thought maybe the cap gasket.. but I dont see an issue.
Tomorrow I am going to bring it in the gragg to work on the snowblower chute control... I'm gonna look it over then.

·
Registered
163 Posts
couldn't figure out how to edit my previous. :banghead:

Anyhow, the seapage around the top of my cap is the same color as the pics. The juice inside is not mole asses. It is just as fresh as the drain and refill I did this spring. I think I have ben driving through the same dirt/dust as in the pics. Wonder what my lungs look like> :unknown:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts